Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Every Wednesday YA Highway ask a question Road Trip Wednesday which I was turned onto by reading a fellow writers blog Unavoidable Awkwardness by Laurie Dennison.    

This week’s prompt was: How far would you go to get published?

                I want to say that I’d do whatever I have to in order to get published and to an extent that is true.  I’ll re-read, re-write, revise and as many times as needed to make it that much better but as much as I would love to be published there is one thing I won’t do. 
                I won’t jeopardize my characters.  I know who my characters are.  I am willing to make minor adjustments to make them more but their overall self I won’t…can’t change them to fit the publishers needs or desires.  That may sound silly but to me that’d be like changing who I am.  All of my characters are real to me, they have pasts, feels, needs, dreams, fears, everything and I know it all. 
                That was very short and to the point but I’m working on my book and the characters I love so they need my attention back.  They are rather demanding.  Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment