Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Book Review: Enlightened

So the first book I’m going to review is one I read a few months ago.  I’m currently in the process of reading the 2nd or 3rd book in some series and I’d rather not give spoilers so figured this was a good starting point.

The book is Enlightened by Allyson Richards.  Here are her links http://allysonrichards.com/ and http://www.allysonrichards.blogspot.com/

Here goes my first official review for my blog.  I got this book from the author herself at the writers conference in Jacksonville in August. She was very pleasant and the way she talked about the story made me want to read. I bought the book there and she was so sweet to sign it for me. I was getting ready to go on a 16 hr car ride with my mother to a family reunion and this book helped me keep my sanity. It gave me hours of entertainment. It captivated my imagination and kept me wondering what would happen next. This was brilliant because it captured the basic human emotions of being a teen in high school but also taking it a step further. As if high school for a teen girl isn't hard enough add some crazy curse that makes it impossible for you to have any semblance of normalcy and you have tons of things to entertain the reader. Overall I very much enjoyed this book, I came to love the characters especially Alexis and feel for them with each turn of the page. I can't wait to see what happens next for the characters and I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a good YA book with some supernatural elements.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Eve, awesome first book review! I love that you don't resort to silliness and just hit the major points- and do it professionally. I really need to borrow this book from you when i finish reading the others, lol. I look forward to your future reviews! Bring on the movie reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erin,

    You are my first Blog comment! Whoohoo!

    Okay yes that was dorky moment of the day. So yes working on my first movie review as well from yesterday!

    Glad I got the comment thing working now. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete