Tuesday, October 4, 2011

First Blog Entry

The title says it all.  I’ve read blogs for years and always thought about making my own but for one reason or another I never did.  So today I decided I would actually do it and here goes.

A bit about me…

My name is Eve, also a nickname and screen name on many sites is Evilous, and I live in a very small town in North Florida.  Not much excitement around here my town doesn’t even have a movie theatre.  So for all my movie, shopping, entertainment needs I must go out of town, closest is approximately 35 minutes.  For a little over two years I worked as a 911 dispatcher for this same small town and boy did I get a lot of interesting stories and craziness.  This proved helpful for my writing.

Yes I am a writer.  I loved to write in elementary school but somehow that passion fell to the side.  It wasn’t until a TV show in 2007 that reignited that passion.  This sounds strange I know but I’d never heard of let alone read a ‘fan-fiction’ but found some by accident on that special show ‘Moonlight’.  I started reading and fell in love.  Some of the authors of the stories I was reading chatted with me and I mentioned having my own ideas, and plenty of time as I had a very boring Humanities Art class that was difficult to stay awake for.  They encouraged me to write what I had in my head and I did.  Yes what started as just fun to keep me awake turned into a very long and rewarding story.  I’m still to this day writing my saga, getting ready to end the 9th story and start number 10.  It was a short lived show but I will never forget it for it gave me my passion of reading and writing back.

Along with my fan-fiction I’m also writing a book.  Now it’s in the very first stages so won’t be going to press anytime soon but it’s a project I am happy to work on and one day see finished. 

So we have established that I love to write.  I also love to read.  I was a bit mixed up according to the guidelines of books one should read.  In middle school I was reading John Grisham and Patricia Cornwell.  Then in High School it was all about what I was required to read, no real fun reading for me.  Then after the above mentioned Moonlight and fan-fiction I was recommended the Twilight Saga to read.  Yes I am a Twi-hard as some call it and I am okay with that.  They aren’t perfect by any means but nothing is but most important to me I found a connection with the characters.  Through those I found I loved to read again and couldn’t wait to get another book.  Funny thing now that I’m an adult I mostly read Young Adult (YA) books.  I was told in a work shop once that children read YA in middle school and part of high school but then generally move to more adult books, apparently I regressed.  I still do enjoy a good adult book but I love YA, which is helpful given I hope to write YA.

So we have reading, and writing what else is there.  Oh yes, I love movies.  I go to the movies as often as possible.  I’m one of those people who has no problem spending the entire day at the movies.  I’m also the person who spends the day outside waiting for the midnight showing.  Call it what you will, I call it a good time.

Those are my main passions that I love to talk about and share with others.  So that is what my blog will mostly be about.  Book and movie reviews, and my random thoughts on things that catch my attention and feel compelled to write about.  Oh and baking, I love to bake and I can make a chocolate chip cookie that’d make a nun sin hehe.  I warn you up front my mind works in mysterious ways even I don’t understand all the time.  I hope everyone will stick with me on my blogging journey.

Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment