Thursday, September 13, 2018

Movie Corner #17


                Hello happy movie fans!    I made a split second decision on Monday when I was feeling a bit down, as I normally do on so close to my birthday, that I'd take this week off from posting in general.  But yesterday, Wednesday the 12th my actually birthday turned out to be pretty awesome and it got my spirits back up so I am jumping back in full speed.  Only saw a couple movies given the limit now but still not bad.  That said here is what I’ve seen the last two weeks:


Kin- Rating:  4 Stars
                This one really surprised me.  I don't know what I was expecting it to be the trailer looked a bit unclear for me but had my interest.  That said I was impressed.  I don't really know how to describe it but I enjoyed the brotherly bonding of this.  It had more emotional appeal than I first thought and for that I enjoyed it.  


Peppermint- 5 Stars
                Okay so this one was one of my most anticipated movies.  I saw a trailer for it some time back and it just gave me chill bumps.  I love Jennifer Garner in action roles, it took me back to Alias days.  That said the movie was great and just what I wanted and expected.  There was a couple small things I do have questions about when I think back on it but honestly I just enjoyed it overall and overlooked them. 


Alpha- 4.5 Stars
                This one I was on the fence about wanting to see.  I liked the idea of it but I figured it would have very little dialog as a large chunk of the movie is between a boy and a wolf and that could be amazing or horrible.  Well I decided to go for it and I really enjoyed it.  There isn't a ton of dialogue/conversations and any that do occur are in subtitles so be warned if you don't like reading subtitles then you may want to hold off.  The movie found a way to capture your attention and keep you hooked as the movie is played out.  You feel for this boy and this wolf and want them to bond and succeed through their troubles and trials.


*****
                So upcoming I'm super excited for A Simple Favor and The House with a Clock in the Walls.  I will have to see what else is coming out in the next couple weeks but those are top two!  What movies have you seen recently?  What should I see?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't seen any movies recently but Alpha looks amazing. First time I've heard about it but it sounds like my kind of film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I haven't seen as many the last few weeks I went from unlimited movies to limited lol still a great deal just have to be pickier.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear about Kin and Peppermint. I may give them a try.

    ReplyDelete