Thursday, September 27, 2018

Movie Corner #18


                Hello happy movie fans!    So it's been a blah two days off but I did just get some books I can share on Saturday so that brings me up.  I didn't see many movies but I did see two that I really enjoyed so I call it a win!  That said here is what I’ve seen the last two weeks:



A Simple Favor:  5 Stars
                This movie had my interest from the start since I adore Anna Kendrick in so many of her movies and the trailer had me hooked.  I could totally relate to having a friend who seems so much more sophisticated than myself and how sometimes you think you know people only to find that you don't.  I loved the concept and the way the movie played out was amazing.  So many fun and smart moments to keep you on edge.  It had lots going for it for sure and I liked it even more than I thought I would so that's a huge plus!


The House with a Clock in Its Walls:  5 Stars
                So I saw this movie last night finally and it was so much fun.  It was everything the trailers promised.  It was funny and cute an full of magic for sure but it also layered in much deeper moments and themes as well.  I really enjoyed the movie and the visuals are amazing.  The magic in general was well done but the house was a character all itself and managed to be both creepy and amazing! 


*****
                Not that many sadly but bright side I've really loved the two I saw.  I do have some more I'm excited to see and I'm already sorting out which are top priorities.  The next two weeks some top contenders are Hellfest, Night School, Small Foot, Little Women, Venom, The Hate U Give (though I need to read the book first),  and A Star Is Born.  I can't see them all  but I do hope to see several….which do you think sound most interesting?  What movies have you seen recently?  What should I see?

2 comments:

  1. Loved A Simple Favor and feel the same about Anna. Loved the French tunes on the movie soundtrack too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the music was fun. I loved the idea of it.

      Delete