How I did on last weeks goals:
- Work on a new short story that came to me Sunday
and see if it could develop into more than a short story as I'm kind of unsure
just yet but I don't want to lose it- I
did work on it some (not finished) and it’s looking like just a short story but
with the possibility if further inspiration comes could be made into something
- Finish and post the new chapter in my Fanfic that
I didn't do-I DID IT! Finally!
And halfway through the next update.
- Again: Write at least one scene on my original WIP
story so I don't lose momentum-
Half/half I was working on a scene and realized it would work better earlier in
the story so I ended up adding it to another scene. So technically I didn’t write a new scene but
added new parts to an already written one.
- Finish the 2 books I'm reading along with a friend
this week (The Darkest Minds & Shadow & Bone) as well as at least
one of my TBR books I got at UtopYA- As
of this moment I finished Shadow and Bone. I still have 8 hours of shift left (which is
still Sunday to me given my shift) and plan to finish the TBR book but only
made it about halfway through The Darkest
- Make a schedule for some upcoming events I want to host on my blog and do at least 2 reviews!- DONE! I reviewed Thorn and The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line. I did make up my calendar with some events coming up which is more organization than I had before so I count it a win.
My goals for this week:
- Finish The
Darkest Minds ASAP!
- Read Storm
and Seige and Never Fade with my
friend for our read-along and at least 1 other book from my TBR list.
- Type 4 reviews and post 2
- Finish my short I started.
- Swapping things up: 3k words in my WIP
- I’m going to get in with everyone else here and add exercise in some format at least twice (it’s small but from nothing I need to start somewhere)
A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised: (short story)
She pressed the brake down gently and put her baby in gear before trying the gas. She rocked forward an inch and a brief moment of relief rushed through her before it came crashing down. She tried reversing and going forward but nothing was working. She had to admit the truth. She was well and truly stuck.
The biggest challenge I face this week: A good friend of the family had been in the ICU and in bad shape and finally passed. She was such a great person also full of laughs and happy to tell you how it is no holding back. I didn’t talk to her nearly as much in the last few years but she was always so good to me and I know it’s hard on her family and even my mom and brother who were closest with her and me not knowing how to help.
Something I love about my WIP: That my character understands the value of friendship.
That’s it for this week.