Welcome to Week 7 of Ready. Set. Write. Simple is the name of the game.
How I did on last weeks goals:
- Exercise 3 times this week (upping it some)- Epic FAIL I only had 1 day off this week and it was spent sleeping after not sleeping between the previous two 12 hour shifts lol Sleep schedule is not working with me.
- Write 2,500 words in my WIP- I fell short only reached 1,586.
- Edit my short story-I ended up adding more to it. I just felt there was another scene or so that could make it a bit better. I’m not the best editor in the world, horrible really when it comes to my own work since I know what should be there I read over mistakes. I’m going to send it to a couple friends to see what they think and go from there.
- Finish The
Darkest Minds, I mean seriously it will get finished! Also finish the Grisha trilogy with the read-along group. Also read two additional books, one of which
being Paper Towns so I can have read
it before the movie comes out. I finished The Darkest Minds at the start of the week then Ruin & Rising the last of the
trilogy with the read-along yesterday. I
also finished my review book and I’m starting Paper Towns as soon as I post this.
I also read another book in there so still met my goal #’s wise just not
one of them I had intended.
- Write 3 reviews, trying to stay ahead and keep a schedule-I typed and posted Escape From Witchwood Hollow and Alienated. Did not get an extra one done.
My goals for this week:
- Pack / Reserve Room / Plan- I have a training class all of next week and leave Sunday for it so I need to pack…again. I need to make sure I have things I need for the work classes and then also have things for after if we want to do something after, I’m a horrid over-packer if it wasn’t clear. Plus prep some lunch and dinner items to take with to save money on eating out.
- Have posts ready for Monday/Wednesday/Friday
edited and on blogger so I can post from my phone if necessary (unsure what the
internet situation will be like sometimes hotels and wifi don’t always get
along). I have one review written but
not formatted and I’ll have my RSW put on there and formatted Sunday before we
- Writing wise I’d like to send my short story to a
few people to get their thoughts and look into a few places that take short
story submissions as a possible option. If
anyone knows of some good sites let me know in the comments or e-mail me
- I also felt like I did better with scene goals
rather than words so I’m going back to that.
I want to write at least 3
new scenes on my WIP.
- I’m working on updating my blog and blogs FB page
with adding tabs and such for things.
Finally! I need to work on creating
my rating system or more explaining the one I already use since it’s never been
discussed and someone mentioned it would be good. Also my contact page and all that fun
stuff. Slow but I love that it’s coming
- Reading wise:
I’m reading Never Fade and Vicious as read alongs this week. I also plan on finishing Paper Towns today (or tomorrow if I don’t finish it before leaving
work and go home to crash) so I can be good to see the movie this weekend. Hopefully more but that’s all for goals.
- See the Paper Towns movie next weekend and have the book and movie review down and ready to post while I’m in training class next week.
A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised: Main character and her best friend since diapers talking via e-mail.
She had a point. She had been using that excuse as is to avoid talking about things. As always you make a good point.
She knew me too well. I’ve already lost everything. I don’t know if I could take falling for someone and losing them.
There it was. The real truth. Sure all the practical reasons were there but the heart of the matter was straight forward. Her response takes longer than the others which means she’s either stunned silent and has nothing to say or she’s writing a book.
The biggest challenge I face this week: Time. Only one day off and having sleep issues between 12 hour shifts doesn’t leave much time. When you can’t sleep it would make sense to write but if you’re trying to fall asleep sitting up to write or typing on the computer/phone seems counter-productive. So restless lying in bed it is.
Something I love about my WIP: That my characters are real. They act and think like people do, not always rational or sane but the ideas and feelings flow and influence everything. Or at least that is my goal.
That’s it for this week. Good luck this week!