Welcome to Week 6 of Ready. Set. Write. Simple is the name of the game.
How I did on last weeks goals:
- Finish The Darkest Minds ASAP!- Nope! Just haven't even though I'm enjoying it which makes zero sense.
- Read Storm
and Siege and Never Fade with my
friend for our read-along and at least 1 other book from my TBR list. I finished Storm and Siege with my read-along group. I never finished Darkest Minds so didn't start Never
Fade. I did finish a review book
from my TBR list, a short story, and a manga that arrived Friday.
- Type 4 reviews and post 2. 3/4 Done! I posted my reviews
for These Broken Stars and Every Day. I also have one other review ready to
- Finish my short I started. Pretty much. It needs some
editing and just a few minutes ago I thought of a line I wanted to add to it
but I'm excited.
- Swapping things up: 3k words in my WIP- L Nope. I am ashamed to admit I didn't work on it at all.
- I’m going to get in with everyone else here and add exercise in some format at least twice (it’s small but from nothing I need to start somewhere). Okay so I know the bar was low but nope. I did walk Saturday and intended to walk Sunday and keep it up but it's just so HOT I don't have the energy to move.
My goals for this week:
- Exercise 3 times this week (upping it some)
- Write 2,500 words in my WIP
- Edit my short story
- Finish The Darkest Minds, I mean seriously it will get finished! Also finish the Grisha trilogy with the read-along group. Also read two additional books, one of which being Paper Towns so I can have read it before the movie comes out.
- Write 3 reviews, trying to stay ahead and keep a schedule
A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised: (short story)
Get in a truck with a total stranger? In the middle of nowhere. This was the start to most serial killer movies. Her overactive imagination was getting the best of her, he was probably just a nice guy. Screw it. She didn't have anyone else she was willing to call. If he was a serial killer then fine, it would just round out her night.
The biggest challenge I face this week: Feeling motivated to do anything when it is frankly just so flipping HOT. I have the AC cranked but after my last power bill *cough* I've determined I can't afford to keep it at 65 all day despite my desire to do so. It isn't hot at 75 by any means but I just want to chill and veg out.
Something I love about my WIP: That even when I take time off from it and don't work on it, the story still calls to me and doesn't feel abandoned.
That’s it for this week.