Friday, February 16, 2018

Succubus Heat(Georgina Kincaid #4)

                Hello happy readers! So today I have the next book in the first series I finished this year, Succubus Heat (Georgina Kincaid #4) by Richelle Mead.  I have reviewed the previous titles:  Succubus BluesSuccubus on TopCity of Demons Succubus Dreams.

Rating:  5 Stars

                Georgina had let love in and while it was difficult she still opened up and fell hard for Seth despite the difficulties of their relationship he was willing to work around them.  Until he broke things off by sleeping with her best friend.  She’s been in a foul mood since the heartbreak but on the plus side she’s been kicking butt at her job.  So much so that her demon boss Jerome outsources her to frozen Vancouver to spy.  Life is hard enough when Jerome is kidnapped and with that all those under him lose their powers.  Georgina no longer has to worry about her life-sucking ability and can finally be with Seth physically with nothing stopping them….accept he’s dating her best friend Maddie.  As demons circle the prime territory on the table Georgina must find Jerome before all hell breaks lose.     
               
                This book…I went in having been told it was emotionally easier to read than the previous book that made me cry.  I felt lied to.  It was not emotionally easier.  At least not for me.  I was still not over the break up.  Or her turning to Dante.  He’s not 100% horrible in that he did help in the last book but he isn’t someone I wanted front and center for Georgina but when you’re hurt you don’t make the best choices.  Following this story at first was hard to be in Georgina’s head being stuck in such a horrible spot.  While I understood the reason he broke things off the how….I don’t know if I can forgive it.  Maddie didn’t know about them so she’s on cloud nine with her new great guy and has no idea all her gushing to her bestie is causing her pain.  I mean he picked the worst person ever to end things with her.  So yes lots of pain felt. 

                As the story progresses and she loses her ability I was so conflicted.  I was torn between wanting them to take the moment and reconnect but I was also still ticked off at him.  I also genuinely like Maddie.  I relate to her more than I’d like to admit.  So while the personal emotional upheavals kept coming I was like Georgina and tried to focus on the tangible like solving another demonic mystery to save her boss.  He may not be boss of the year but he is the demon she knows ….and likes on occasion.  I loved the spy/thriller aspect as she searched for clues.  More importantly I enjoyed the way she handled being without her shifting power.  That is something she has relied on for so long it shows just how much easier it made life..frizz! 

                Everything was moving quickly and I didn't want to pause my audiobook for even a second.  I was on a roller coaster of emotions from start to finish and the ending just blew me away.  I have some serious thoughts, hopes, and prayers for the next two books. 


                Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment