Thursday, August 30, 2018

Movie Corner # 16


                 Hello happy movie fans!   This week has been a little crazy as I get ready to rotate shifts at work.  This is always a bit of fun.  Bella is doing well she has enjoyed her visit out to see my family in the country with the other dogs and the horses which at first had her a bit nervous but she warmed up quickly.  I'm also adjusting to the new Moviepass rules/guidelines this last week but I did manage to squeeze in 3 more before the limit kicked in and one with the new limit so far ;) That said here is what I’ve seen the last two weeks:


The Meg:  5 Stars
                This movie is everything you think it will be based on the trailers.  It is pure popcorn fun!  I loved it.  It isn't some amazingly deep movie it's a fun summer flick that you can enjoy.  It has some pretty awesome fun in there and I can't wait to see it again with some friends.  It's something I can totally see myself always putting on when it makes it to TV.  Added bonus Jason Statham used to be a swimmer and that works for the movie too!
               

Christopher Robin:  5 Stars
                This movie.  There were a lot of people in it when I saw it, and I think the parents might have loved it more than the little ones.  It is a super sweet story that has so much going for it.  All of your favorite characters you know and love growing up are back.  Little Christopher Robin is all grown up and needs his old friends to help him realize what is important in life.  I adored this movie.


Mile 22:  4.5 Stars
                I was ready to see this movie as soon as I saw previews.  It looked pretty interesting and I love a good action flick.  Plus it has Maggie from TWD!  I love the whole spy/covert ops aspect to it.  The whole best of the best team.  That is just awesome and come on who doesn't enjoy it.  The action scenes were pretty epic and on point.  They have some really smart moves that I appreciate and the hand to hand combat was a blast to watch. 


The Happytime Murders:  5 Stars
                Okay so this movie is so wrong in the most hilarious way.  Seriously the trailers do it justice.  It is another reason to love Melissa McCarthy.  She is amazing and this was a barrel of laughs.  It is so out there and strange and had me laughing the whole time.  This is so not a movie for kids!!!  There were a few things that were brought up or started and could have gave it more depth overall but it didn't and just went for quick and awkward hilarity and it worked for me. 

*****
                I have several movies I still want to see like Alpha, Kin, maybe A.X.L. but the most anticipated movie right now is Peppermint.  What movies have you seen recently?  What should I see?

1 comment: