Monday, November 12, 2018

Shifters & Glyphs (Fairy Tales of the Magicorum #2)


                Hello happy readers!  Well it has been a crazy weekend to be sure.  Three days of all day adopt-a-thon action which will leave you surprisingly sore each day and a double birthday party for my bestie ad her smallest mini-me.  That said while I sit in my comfy robe and sit on ice I am finally able to type and post my review of a recent release for you!  That book in question is Shifter and Glyphs (Fairy Tales of the Magicorum #2) by Christina Bauer.  I previously reviewed the first book Wolves and Roses and the following novella Moonlight and Midtown which I highly recommend as this is a series I really enjoy and look forward to continuing on in but even more the author is one of my auto-buy authors!

Rating:  5 Stars

                Bry is about to start school, real school for the first time and it's all she has dreamed of for so long, but the dreams she has had her whole life of pyramids and papyri have turned much darker.  It should be enough to worry about with three different types of magic to work on and an inner wolf who wants to chomp on a 1/3 of your classmates but that's not enough pressure for Bry.  As the equinox approaches and those she love most seem to be in danger Bry must step away from her dream of school life and solve the mystery of her life and the attraction to the pyramids or face untold consequences for herself and the world.

                So Bry has her un-shredable outfit to help ease her modesty should she have to shift and her best friend, her mate, and her newest friend all with her in this endeavor that is school.  And the search for the fountain of course.  Things should go well.  But Knox has been looking rather unwell as of late and the nightmares Bry has and can't remember are only making things worse.  The sense of time running out and the search is kicked up into high gear.  Everyone's magic is acting a bit wonky as the equinox approaches.

                Things move quickly as we have fights of will, power, and kick butt action.  Still the characters are why we really care as much as we do.  I love Bry for sure but I think I love the best friend dynamic between Bry and Elle above most else.  They are friendship goals and remind me of some of the stuff my bestie and I would say and/or do though less magically, like make fun of people in horror movies doing the stupidest things….yep that's us.  Then you have Knox because you can't forget the sexy werewolf mate!  Speaking of mate the inner conversations Bry has with her wolf had me rolling most of the time.  Like she has a literally voice in her head trying to convince her to do things, like chowing down on your mates ex, when they pop up.  Knox and Bry the story is sweet and amazing as always, he could save me anytime!  And Alec who is basically Knox's Elle.  Their brotherly dynamic is on point and adorable.  Plus no matter how hard they try to play as friends Elle and Alec are super cute and impossible not to ship. 

                We dig deeper as we approach the conclusion to the fountain search.  Things that are translated always have multiple meanings as anyone well knows but in this care old papyri is no exception.  Mysteries are solved, truths revealed, and life templates are put to the test.  I was so excited to go on this ride for the search for the fountain and the hope to fix magic.  And maybe get a little bit of normal high school time if you're lucky!  So I can't say much else without spoiling things and that will not do.  The book flies by so pick it up and give it a go!

                Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment