Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I feel differently about over time

                Hello everyone!  Top Ten Tuesday is just how it sounds, a topic is picked and we put our Top Ten for that in a post and share and check out everyone’s answers.  Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

The top-ish today is:  Books I feel differently about over time

So I haven't re-read any of my childhood books, that I remember, and I only got really into reading again a few years back so my times between books aren't super substantial but here goes.

Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling- I love them more and more each time I read them.  It's like having finished them and the movies and all the HP stuff everywhere to always fill you with joy is enhances it!

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick- I hadn't read any angel type books at this point and I was caught with how they played out.  Now looking back I don't know if I would view them as highly as I did originally.

Evernight by Claudia Gray- This was a different take on vampires for me and something very interesting.  Thinking about specific plot points now though I don't know if they would touch me in the same way.

Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler- Okay this book got me in the feels.  I recently was thinking about this book, I don't remember why, and I think it would still do the same thing to me.

Elixir by Hilary Duff- Okay so I was a huge Lizzie McGuire fan and I loved her in some of her movies no matter how cheesy they are I can still watch many of them so pair her with a beautiful cover and I was down.  I read the first two books when they came out and only finished the series some time later and while I did enjoy having completed the series it wasn't the same as I didn't have the same connection to the characters that I did in the past. 

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl- I read this series some time back and I was never in LOVE with it but I think my like for it has fizzled with time.

House of Night series by P.C. Cast & Kristen Cast- Okay so this one will always have a place in my heart as one of the series I got into when first getting into books again and I do adore P.C. Cast's writing and her ability to make some seriously LOL moments.  Still not sure if I started the series for the first time today if I'd enjoy them the same way.

Evermore series by Alyson Noel- I remember reading this series as it came out and being captivated by it but over time while I'm still glad to have read it I think it should have been condensed.


                 Tell me what you think of my list in the comments below.  Which would you recommend so I know which ones to get first?  Also please link back to your Top Ten as well so I can check out your list and see what I missed!

10 comments:

  1. I still enjoy Hilary Duff's films now and again too. They remind me of my nostalgic childhood movie habits. Still curious about reading her book trilogy too! Someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are cute and the Lizzie McGuire movie was on a couple months ago and you bet I watched it lol

      Delete
  2. I read the first two Hush, Hush books and they just weren't for me - Nora got on my nerves and I couldn't see Patch as a love interest. Harry Potter though - that's my favorite! :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HP for life! Yes when I look back some of the things I loved about her would get on my nerves a bit now.

      Delete
  3. I notice a trend here. Everyone was crazy for paranormal romances for a few years.
    I even read some and liked them. Here is my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still enjoy a good paranormal romance lol! Just my needs and likes have changed a bit.

      Delete
  4. I seem to love Harry Potter more and more each time I read it too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might be a requirement to re-read it ;)

      Delete
  5. Like you, I think my HP love just grows constantly!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/05/24/top-ten-tuesday-58/

    ReplyDelete