Wednesday, May 11, 2016

~Waiting on Wednesday~ A Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes #2)

                “Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.  Basically books that are not yet out that we are dying to get our hands on.  This week’s pick is:

A Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes #2) by Sabaa Tahir
Out:  8/30

From Goodreads:
                A Torch Against the Night takes readers into the heart of the Empire as Laia and Elias fight their way north to liberate Laia’s brother from the horrors of Kauf Prison.  Hunted by Empire soldiers, manipulated by the Commandant, and haunted by their pasts, Laia and Elias must outfox their enemies and confront the treacherousness of their own hearts.

                In the city of Serra, Helene Aquilla finds herself bound to the will of the Empire’s twisted new leader, Marcus.  When her loyalty is questioned, Helene finds herself taking on a mission to prove herself—a mission that might destroy her, instead.
               

Why I’m Waiting:
                Because An Ember in the Ashes (review) was AMAZING and I have been dying to know what happens after that ending since finishing it!!! I want to see what blooms between Laia and Elias as they spend more time together and how they go about saving her brother when it seems the world is against them.  Also the new leader….NOOOOO!!!  Plus I rather liked Helene in the first book and it looks like she is going to get her own story line possibly POV in this which would be interesting. 


                What are you waiting on?  Tell me below what you think of this title and leave a link to your WoW as well so I can check it out!

15 comments:

  1. An Ember in the Ashes was, hands down, my favorite book last year. I cannot wait for this one either (although I'm not excited about the Marcus part)!

    Here is my WOW: https://notimefortinybookshelves.com/2016/05/11/wow/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm not sure how I feel about that part either. I'm also seriously concerned for Helene because....of stuff lol

      Delete
  2. YES! I absolutely loved An Ember in the Ashes, and I cannot wait to see where the story goes in this book. I also really loved Helene, I hope she has better luck in this second book, though I doubt she will... I can't even begin to guess what's going to happen, but I'm excited to find out!
    here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have bee trying to figure out what will happen but with so many moving parts it's impossible to know for sure and I'm just going to go for the ride!

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen the first book, but I can relate to wanting to know more about beloved characters. Enjoy! Here's mine: “THIS MUST BE THE PLACE”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant: haven't READ the first book!

      Delete
    2. Haha I knew what you meant but hey maybe they will make it into a movie ;)

      Delete
  4. I still need to read the first, though I've heard great things. Can't wait to read them both :)

    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bright side you can marathon them! Because with how things end in book one you will be happy for that option lol!

      Delete
  5. I still need to read the first book but I've heard it's so good! What a gorgeous cover

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can agree with that!!! Hope you love them both!

      Delete
  6. I can't wait to read this one as well! So jealous of all the BEA-ers. I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a wonderful week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG What??? I didn't know they could get it :( now I'm jealous lol

      Delete
  7. I'm yet to read any book by this author, but I've heard that she's really good!! Hope you enjoy this one as much as you did the first! :)) Thanks for stopping by my WoW :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure do plan on devouring it ASAP! If you decide to give them a go I hope you enjoy as well.

    ReplyDelete