Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I picked up on a whim

                Hello everyone!  Top Ten Tuesday is just how it sounds, a topic is picked and we put our Top Ten for that in a post and share and check out everyone’s answers.  Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

The top today is:  Books I picked up on a whim

Books I READ on a whim

Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill–It looks so bright and pretty!

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater- I saw the cover in the store one day and it just made me want to see more and now she's an auto-buy author!

A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick–I don't even remember how I came to this one but I did enjoy it.

There are more but I was having a brain lapse lol.


 Books I BOUGHT on a whim but haven't read yet:

Adorkable by Sarra Manning– I say "adorkable" all the time and then I happened to see it was the title of a book….knowing nothing about it but the title I knew I needed to have it.

Semi-Charmed Life by Nora Zelevansky- Okay so I was having a 90’s moment and jamming out to the 90’s station and had just recently been singing out the lyrics to “Semi-Charmed Life” by Third Eyed Blind and yeah it just made me need it.

I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga- A book about a guy who has a history with a killer….I saw this after I had tossed around a few ideas similar to it for a story myself.

Eat, Brains, Love by Jeff Hart- I saw this one on sale super cheap on BookOutlet and I just finished a TWD marathon and figured zombies….score!

Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys- I'm not a big historical fiction type of girl but for some reason when I saw this one I needed to buy it.  I think it may have something to do with the cover.

  

                 Tell me what you think of my list in the comments below.  Which would you recommend so I know which ones to get first?  Also please link back to your Top Ten as well so I can check out your list and see what I missed!

14 comments:

  1. The only book I've read on your list is Shiver, and that was kind of a whim for me too. Despite how much I've loved a lot of Maggie Stiefvater's other work, I hadn't really planned on reading it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shiver was actually on my TTT, too! Everyone seemed to be reading Stiefvater at the time and Raven Boys didn't exactly call to me, so I decided to pick up Shiver instead. I was pleasantly surprised! Plus you're right - the covers are pretty!

    Brittany @ http://www.spacebetweenthespines.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised to see Shiver on so many lists!

      Delete
  3. I've been meaning to get Shiver. I love the cover too. But I've heard that the Raven Cycle is better, so I'm planning to start reading Stiefvater from there.

    Had an issue with the commenting, sorry if you get a spam of views from me. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cool sometimes there are glitches in the matrix! And I'm currently reading the Raven Cycle myself so whoohoo

      Delete
  4. I've had my eye one Between Shades of Gray for a while now, but for some reason I haven't picked it up. I've heard so many great things, so hopefully one day I will just jump in and read it! Great Top Ten!
    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we'll both pick it up and love it soon!

      Delete
  5. Between Shades of Grey was on my list this week too! If you haven't read it yet, I hope you enjoy it!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/05/17/top-ten-tuesday-57/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't yet but I'm leaning towards it more and more

      Delete
  6. Great list. Maggie Stiefvater is an auto-buy author for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Hunt Killers was a whim read for me too and I'm completely glad I picked it up. :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that! I'll have to up it on my list!

      Delete