Wednesday, March 1, 2017

~Waiting on Wednesday~ The Love Interest

                “Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.  Basically books that are not yet out that we are dying to get our hands on.  This week’s pick is:

The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich
Out:  5/16

From Goodreads:
                There is a secret organization that cultivates teenage spies.  The agents are called Love Interests because getting close to people destined for great power means getting valuable secrets.

                Caden is a Nice:  The boy next door, sculpted to physical perfection.  Dylan is a Bad:  The brooding, dark-souled guy, and dangerously handsome.  The girl they are competing for is important to the organization, and each boy will pursue her.  Will she choose a Nice or a Bad?

                Both Caden and Dylan are living in the outside world for the first time.  They are well-trained and at the top of their games.  They have to be—whoever the girl doesn't choose will die.

                What the boys don't expect are feelings that are outside of their training.  Feelings that could kill them both.

Why I’m Waiting:
                This title caught my attention first as I didn't know what to expect.  I then read the summary and I was intrigued.  I feel it will be very different and play on different troupes.  It also kind of reminded me in parts to Firstlife which I really loved.  But my understanding of this one is that the girl isn't the main point of the story which given the premise just seems like it has such promise.  I'm curious.      

                What are you waiting on?  Tell me below what you think of this title and leave a link to your WoW as well so I can check it out.




12 comments:

  1. Sounds intriguing. I may wait to see a couple of reviews before I decide if I want to pick it up or not. Either way, hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I will let you know when I get to it ;)

      Delete
  2. Oooh! This title looks interesting! I hope to check it out!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of it and hope it lives up!

      Delete
  3. This book does sound intriguing! I haven't heard of it before. Thanks so much for sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, I could see why the idea of it reminds you of Firstlife. Though I personally can't see myself reading this one because it seems love-triangle-y. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a wonderful week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah don't think it's for everyone but I'm hoping for the best :)

      Delete
  5. Now that you made the comparison to Firstlife, I can see the similarities to it! This has been on my TBR for about a month or so. I don't mind love triangles if they're done well, so hopefully this one isn't too grating. Great pick Eve! Here is my WoW for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does sound really good, and I like the cover. I'll have to add this to my tbr. Thanks for sharing!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah that's the impression I get from reading the synopsis just now, that it might play on different tropes. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book definitely sounds awesome and I'm really looking forward to it! I hope we both end up loving it :D Fabulous pick!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete