Wednesday, June 27, 2018

~Can't Wait Wednesday: Nine~


                Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Wishful Endings.  Basically books that are not yet out that we are dying to get our hands on.  This week’s pick is:

Nine by Zach Hines
Out:  8/7

From Goodreads:
                In an alternate world startlingly close to our own, humans have nine lives—and they can’t wait to burn straight through them.

                As you shed lives, you shed your awkward phases:  one death is equal to one physical and mental upgrade.  Julian’s friends are obsessed with the idea of burning lives, but Julian is determined to stay on his first for as long as he can.  His mother, the ultimate cautionary tale, burned through her first eight in just a few years, and Julian has no intention of succumbing to the debilitating rebirth sickness that she inflicted on herself.

                But the regime has death incentives aimed at controlling overpopulation, and Julian realizes that he’s going to have to burn at some point—especially when he becomes the target for Nicholas, the manipulative leader of the Burners, the school’s suicide club.  And when Julian eventually succumbs, he uncovers suspicious gaps in the rebirth system that may explain exactly why his mother went so far down the rabbit hole years ago.  Along with a group of student dissenters, Julian sets out to find answers and is soon on the verge of exposing the greatest conspiracy ever unleashed on the world.

                He has just eight more lives to uncover he brutal truth.

Why I’m Waiting:
                 I discovered this one Wednesday recently and just LOVED the concept!  This sounds so out there but so cool at the same time.  I am interested to see where it all goes! 

                What are you waiting on?  Tell me below what you think of this title and leave a link to your CWW as well so I can check it out.


16 comments:

  1. That really is a cool concept - having 9 lives! Totally see why you cannot wait for this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and it makes me think of cats lol

      Delete
  2. This sounds like such an unique concept. I never heard a story quite like it. And conspiracy! Really like the sound of that. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I've seen another series I like with 2nd lives but 9....this is so interesting.

      Delete
  3. I think I added this to my wishlist last week. I do love the sounds of it. Arrggghh, too many good books to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I saw it a week or so ago and had to include it!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Same here I hope it lives up to the hype

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, definitely a unique concept! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 9 lives and upgrading along the way seems cool and I can see how people would abuse it.

      Delete
  6. What a unique premise. I hadn't heard of this book before but it sounds so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep nine lives instantly makes me think of my cat

      Delete
  7. First of all, so sorry for the late comment back.....I have gotten behind on all my replies and comments back. Been a bit busy with work lately. :(

    This sounds all kinds of AMAZING!! Never heard of such a concept before, either; it's HIGHLY original! And I'm definitely VERY curious as to where it all will lead!

    Thanks for sharing! Thanks as well for commenting on my own CWW post!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I completely understand! Life is crazy sometimes but I appreciate you stopping by always!

      Yep totally thinking of a cat but the upgrading is pretty awesome!

      Delete
  8. Ahh yay great CWW pick I hope you really love this book when you get the chance to read it! I read the synopsis of this book about the 9 lives I was also really intrigued about it as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! If you read it too I hope we both love it!

      Delete