Wednesday, June 13, 2018

~Can't Wait Wednesday: Seafire (Seafire #1)~


                Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Wishful Endings.  Waiting on Wednesday has been don for some time so I am switching it up for now!  Basically books that are not yet out that we are dying to get our hands on.  This week’s pick is:

Seafire (Seafire #1) by Natalie C. Parker
Out:  8/28

From Goodreads:
                After her family is killed by corrupt warlord Aric Athair and his bloodthirsty army of Bullets, Caledonia Styx is left to chart her own course on the dangerous and deadly seas.  She captains her ship, the Mors Navis, with a crew of girls and women just like her, whose lives have been turned upside down by Aric and his men.  The crew has one mission:  stay alive, and take down Aric’s armed and armored fleet.

                But when Caledonia’s best friend and second-in-command just barely survives and attack thanks to help from a Bullet looking to defect, Caledonia finds herself questioning whether or not to let him join their crew.  Is this boy the key to taking down Aric Athair once and for all…or will he threaten everything the women of the Mors Navis have worked for?

Why I’m Waiting:
                 So the all-female crew of a ship totally makes me think of the Daughter of the Pirate King duology that I love so yeah that is a positive.  Add in the revenge and defecting agent and I’m game. 

                What are you waiting on?  Tell me below what you think of this title and leave a link to your CWW as well so I can check it out.

14 comments:

  1. I've been seeing this book around and it looks awesome! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the cover for this and it sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!! Super excited for some more Kick-butt Lady pirates!! Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read To Kill a Kingdom and could probably use more pirates in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I haven't gotten to that one yet was it good??

      Delete
  5. Great cover and the story sounds intriguing. Hope you enjoy it a lot!

    Renee ~ My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is definitely on my must-get list, I love the premise of it- an all female crew!- and that awesome cover too, will look great on the shelf ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do love that aspect plus revenge is always fun to read.

      Delete
  7. I loved Daughter of the Pirate King too and this one is on my list to read as well. Great pick!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it will be another amazing book!!!

      Delete