Saturday, January 20, 2018

~Stacking the Shelves #38~

                Welcome to Stacking the Shelves was created by Tynga and the full details can be found on her page.  Basically you showcase the books you bought or received each week.  Little, or not so little, weekly book hauls.  I finally got to do Christmas with my one friend and she has been hording my call in orders for some book events I couldn’t attend for me.  So lots of goodies!!!

Physical Books:
Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer #1) by Laini Taylor
Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices #2) by Cassandra Clare

Now these are from events I missed but my friend Bogdana was awesome enough to get my copies signed for me!
Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper #1) by Kerri Maniscalco
Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper #2) by Kerri Maniscalco
The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air #1) by Holly Black

Belated Christmas Goodies:
The Last Magician  by Lisa Maxwell- this is perfect as this is the February book Bogdana, of Bogdana the Booknerd,  and I will be reading for our Goodreads read along group Perpetual YA Bookworms. We hope you'll join in! 
Turtles All the Way Down by John Green

Audiobooks:
Batman: Nightwalker (DC Icons #2) by Marie Lu

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

E-Books Review:
Clockmaker by Kristen Brand


                Still I got lots of goodies for my house which I am beyond thankful for.  Share a link below with what goodies you got this week.  Tomorrow I plan to announce my challenges and bookish goals for 2018 so check back by then!

16 comments:

  1. Great haul this week! I can't wait for our February read-along!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither can I! Thanks again for some great new additions to my shelf!

      Delete
  2. Lord of Shadows is amazing. Sad but amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I had the audiobook since day of release but I wanted it on my shelf and when I found it for $6 I had to snag it!

      Delete
  3. So many good books! I really want to read Ready Player and Stalking Jack the Ripper! I'm also dying to get my hands on Turtles! I've only read Tfios by John Green but this sounds so intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes well my friend who got Turtles for me said it was amazing so clearly I trust their judgment!

      Delete
  4. Wow! You got a lot of awesome books here! I hope you enjoy them all!

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am so far enjoying what I have started so whoohoo

      Delete
  5. Wow! You had a great haul this week. I'm curious about the Jack the Ripper books. I'm not super into historical books set in Victorian era unless they're romance, so I'm not sure if it's for me. Yet, I still am loving the vibe and the cover. I'm glad your friend could get you copies! That's very cool!

    Thanks for visiting Shell's Stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same I'm kind of picky about historical books but I have heard great things and the covers look amazing!

      Delete
  6. Yay for Strange The Dreamer. It’s one of the books I’m planning to read this year. I hope you enjoy it. The reviews have been great so far. Happy reading. 😁❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I have the audiobook but again I found it for $4.95 and I couldn't pass it up!

      Delete
  7. That is a great haul! Some of them I know, some of them I already read and others are totally new to me. Thanks for sharing and I am curious how you will think about Lord Of Shadows... Happy reading.

    Best wishes and sorry for the late return visit.
    Vi @Inkvotary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm....Lord of Shadows. Amazing and heartbreaking. I had all sorts of emotions coursing through me as I listened to this one. I also have a theory on what can fix things but I'm not sure if I'm a genius or just crazy lol.

      Delete
  8. Wow, some great books. I'm got The Cruel Prince on hold at the library and am excited to see what it's all about. I have Strange the Dreamer on my kindle but have no idea when I plan on starting it. Hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know I love getting all my goodies now I just have to figure out when I'm reading them!

      Delete