Saturday, October 3, 2015

~Stacking the Shelves~

                Welcome to a special Saturday posting!  Month two for me and I have some goodies to share.  Stacking the Shelves was created by Tynga and the full details can be found on her page here.  Basically you showcase the books you bought, they post weekly, but I decided to take part once a month for simplicity.  Basically a book haul!  These are the books I got for myself in September.


Physical Books


New Releases:
Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs- I read the first two books in the series as a read along last month and just in time to meet Ransom on his tour for Library of Souls at the Atlanta stop!  I just got back actually, really I spent 8 hours in a car round trip but it was fun to be there and meet new friends and also meet the booktubers Kat, Christine, and Jesse!

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo – I’ve been excited for this book for a while and it was on pre-order!  It is just beautiful!

Sweet Temptation by Wendy Higgins – I had the other books in the series and know that when I read them I want to marathon them.


Others:
The Wicked Will Rise by Danielle Paige – It was the read-along series that was picked for the Goodreads read-along group (see sidebar for details and join us) and I had the others books but I needed this one so it was the perfect excuse to buy it.


E-book

For Review:
Tonight the Streets Are Ours by Lelia Sales (NetGalley) – I’ve seen this book’s cover around and it is so pretty.  Then I found out what it was about and that the author was part of the Fierce Reads tour (which I’ll be seeing at the Atlanta location provided all goes well) and I knew I had to read it.  I already love 2 of the 4 authors!


Quanta by Lola Dodge Book Two in The Shadow Ravens series by Ink Monster!  Loved it!  My review, interview and other goodies will be posted next Friday the 9th.

A Kindled Winter by Rachel L. Demeter 

Temptation by Casey L. Bond a companion/sequel to Sin.  Reviewed already, here.



New Releases:
Black In White: A Quentin Black Paranormal Mystery by J.C. Andrijeski – I have really enjoyed all of her previous works so a new series I knew I had to check it out.  Though I am behind on the last couple books in the Allie’s War series.  But I will catch up!

Red Hot Candy:  An anthology with 22 authors!  I know about it because an author I really enjoy (J.C. Andrijeski).   She has a book in here only available in the bundle and I had to have it plus for only $1 I get 22 books steal.

Others:
I also got some novellas in the Grisha series I just found out about!  The Witch of Duva, The Too-Clever Fox, The Demon in the Wood:  A Darkling Prequel, and Little Knife all by Leigh Bardugo.


The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson – I've wanted to check out this series for a while and book one was on sale for kindle so seemed like a good time.

12 comments:

  1. New follower via bloglovin. It looks like a nice ecletic collection of books this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! Yes I think it's a good selection I'm excited for my month of books!

      Delete
  2. So many great books!! I seriously need to start reading the Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children series!
    I also have The Faerie Guardian on my tbr list :)
    Happy reading!

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun to go to the event and there were a tong of people dressed up! I can't wait to dive into some but first I have to finish some of the books I'm already reading.

      Delete
  3. Great haul. I picked up A Girl of Fire and Thorns when it was on sale last week. Hope we both like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! Well I am hopping to still get to go to YALLfest again this year and Rae Carson is going to be there so I figure planning for the best lol

      Delete
  4. SoC is amazing! Enjoy!

    Check out our STS & enter our Giveaways!

    Leydy @ OUaT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to start it Monday! My friend Bogdana are putting it as our read along book for our goodreads book group!

      Delete
  5. I got Six of Crows this week too, LOVE the black pages. I have yet to start Ransom Rigg's series but I have been meaning too. Enjoy!

    My StS

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are doing a two week read along for Six of Crows on our goodreads group if you'd like to join in! The black pages are so pretty, so fitting. I've only read a little so far but I'm liking it.

      Delete
  6. I LOVED Six of Crows! I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a wonderful week. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete