Wednesday, October 21, 2015

~Waiting on Wednesday~ Playing With Fire by Sherry D. Ficklin



                “Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.  Basically books that are not yet out that we are dying to get our hands on.  This week’s pick is:

Playing With Fire by Sherry D. Ficklin
Out:  10/27

From Goodreads:
One brilliant young hacker.
One experimental government aircraft.
One chance to keep it all from going up in flames.

Still recovering from her troubled past, Farris is no stranger to change.  But when the military transfers her father across the country to an experimental aircraft squadron, settling in to a new life is the least of her problems.  As a series of apparent computer glitches threaten the security of the fleet and the blame falls on her father, she decides to put her computer skills to use digging up the truth.  Soon she's drawn into the perilous world of a hacker who is determined to ground the fleet—at any cost.

When all sings lead to someone close to her as the mastermind, Farris will have to bum more than bridges to get to the truth.  She will have to risk her fragile new life to uncover the identity of the cyber criminal before they can escalate from harmless tampering…to all out murder.

Why I'm Waiting:

I had the chance to meet the author at UtopYA and enjoyed chatting with her.  I was stoked to see a new series coming out and I have always been a sucker for hackers.  I can type rather fast compared to most around me and I have a pretty solid understanding of the computer and such (more so when I see some struggle to use copy and paste), but I've always found the idea of hacking and coding and being able to just know that stuff amazing. 

4 comments:

  1. Hacking? That only has my attention. Great pick. At least you don't have long to wait :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know some of my titles are soon to be released but I just had to put them up! Soon I'll get to further out books lol.

      Delete
  2. I am super intrigued by this one. I am adding it to my wishlist. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yep I will review when I finish so I'll let you know my thoughts after!

      Delete