Tuesday, October 6, 2015

~Top Ten Tuesday~ Bookish things I have/want to quit

               Hello everyone!  Top Ten Tuesday is just how it sounds, a topic is picked and we put our Top Ten for that in a post and share and check out everyone’s answers.  Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke andthe Bookish.

The top today is: 6 Bookish things I want to QUIT and 4 Books/series I have


1) Starting so many different books and having them open.  I like the books I’ve done this too I just had other things (ARC’s or other books that I wanted to read more in that moment) come up and then I forget and it is harder to get back into it.

2) Buying books just because they are on sale when I had no intention of getting it before.  I am guilty of buying a book because it’s on a great sale or free but having no intention of reading it.

3) Not writing my book reviews right away, or at least my initial rambled thoughts and waiting until I have time after to sit and write a full review and sometimes forgetting things I wanted to mention.  I have been doing better making notes on the review document or my phone as something happens as I read so yay.

4) Starting a series and really enjoying it but then losing track.  As thousands of books come out between reading it and the next you sometimes miss the news of a new book (especially for the under-hyped ones).

5) Buying all the books in a series I’m not sure I’m going to finish.  Once upon a time I couldn’t not finish, it would drive me crazy to leave something unfinished but as I have gotten deeper into reading and there just isn’t enough time in the day or days in the week and so on to read every book I need to accept that if I didn’t love it and I’ve put off finishing it up this long I might not finish it so save money and space for ones I’m dying to read!

6) Letting my personal pet peeves/issues ruin a book for me.  This is slow going for me.  I’m thinking of a whole post about this, what do you all think?

Books/Series I've Quit (since I only could think of a few for each I'm splitting it lol):

7) The Fallen books by Thomas E. Sniegoski- I read the first 2 bind ups back with The Vampire Diaries started and was a hit and the made for TV movie/mini series of the books was on ABC family and I wanted to see it because it had Stefan in it I figured I'd read them first.  They were okay but I couldn't get into the next one.

8) The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith.  This is like the above needing to finish even though I wasn't into it.  I hated most of the characters in the book, but I had to know what happened as I was still getting back into reading and didn't have a ton to read yet.  I love the show and since they are so vastly different (ie I love show Damon but HATED book Damon) made it all the way to Moonsong.

9) Riley Bloom books by Alyson Noel Companions to the Immortals series which I enjoyed back when I read them.  I just couldn’t get into the Riley books and never made it past book 1 even though they are super short.  Guess I grew out of them.

10) Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy I started reading it back when the movie with Keira Knightly came out but never could finish it.  I think I got about 25% before just never picking it back up again.  I don't remember it being anything specific, I guess I just have to be in a really specific mood for a historical fiction and/or a classic.

That's my list.  Tell me what bookish things or books/series you have or want to quit.  Also if you've done your own version share a link so I can check it out!


14 comments:

  1. I want to quit starting so many series and not finishing old ones off too!! I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME, haha. The new ones are just so much more shiny and alluring?!?!? I'm actually binge-reading a trilogy for the first time this week and I feel so proud that I'm actually going to finish it before starting a new series. :P
    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats! Yay to weekened trilogy marathon always good times! Yes shinny and new, plus if it's a highly popular series it's easier to find people to chat about it with!

      Delete
  2. I tried War and Peace and people recommended Anna Karenina instead!

    Here's my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't horrible by any means I just think since I'm not normally into historical fiction it was harder to get into for me.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Bookoutlet is the biggest cause of this for me lol!

      Delete
  4. Yes to this entire list! It's so good to see that so many of us book bloggers are in the same boat (or maybe it's depressing... but at least we're not alone!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going with the positive not alone version :) lol

      Delete
  5. I agree with a lot of these. I am always buying too many books. I have completed series bought that I haven't even started to read - what happens if I don't even like book 1?! Now I don't allow myself to purchase books 2, 3, so on, unless I've actually read and enjoyed book 1. I'm also always starting too many books at once, and really have to learn to write notes as I read for reviews. Sometimes it's weeks later before I write a review and notes would be a big help. :-) I couldn't finish TVD either - TV or books to be honest. Me, I hate that Elena got with Damon in the TV series so I quit it, and I couldn't even get through a couple of chapters of the first book. I could not get past Elana spending a chapter whining about how Stefan didn't notice her hair flick, lol! Grrr! ;-) Thanks for sharing, Eve, and for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same thing! But sometimes it's easier to already own them all to marathon them but if you don't like them you have a whole series you don't want...Conflicted. Also I liked Elena and Damon on the show!

      Delete
  6. We have so many in common. Great list! As I was reading your list I realized that there are so many more than I initially thought. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right. Checking out the different posts I realize so many different things I spaced on but wish I had added.

      Delete
  7. Oooh I feel you with a lot of these! I am SO bad at not writing reviews right after finishing! I need to change that if I change nothing else! And I used to be awful about buying books that I was NEVER going to read, but now I will NOT allow myself to buy a book unless it is on my Goodreads TBR, because things were getting out of hand!
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still working on it. I just finished a book and marked my currently reading pile down to 3! Good luck to us both!

      Delete