Hello everyone! Top Ten Tuesday is just how it sounds, a topic is picked and we put our Top Ten for that in a post and share and check out everyone’s answers. Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke andthe Bookish.
The top today is: 6 Bookish things I want to QUIT and 4 Books/series I have
1) Starting so many different books and having them open. I like the books I’ve done this too I just had other things (ARC’s or other books that I wanted to read more in that moment) come up and then I forget and it is harder to get back into it.
2) Buying books just because they are on sale when I had no intention of getting it before. I am guilty of buying a book because it’s on a great sale or free but having no intention of reading it.
3) Not writing my book reviews right away, or at least my initial rambled thoughts and waiting until I have time after to sit and write a full review and sometimes forgetting things I wanted to mention. I have been doing better making notes on the review document or my phone as something happens as I read so yay.
4) Starting a series and really enjoying it but then losing track. As thousands of books come out between reading it and the next you sometimes miss the news of a new book (especially for the under-hyped ones).
5) Buying all the books in a series I’m not sure I’m going to finish. Once upon a time I couldn’t not finish, it would drive me crazy to leave something unfinished but as I have gotten deeper into reading and there just isn’t enough time in the day or days in the week and so on to read every book I need to accept that if I didn’t love it and I’ve put off finishing it up this long I might not finish it so save money and space for ones I’m dying to read!
6) Letting my personal pet peeves/issues ruin a book for me. This is slow going for me. I’m thinking of a whole post about this, what do you all think?
Books/Series I've Quit (since I only could think of a few for each I'm splitting it lol):
7) The Fallen books by Thomas E. Sniegoski- I read the first 2 bind ups back with The Vampire Diaries started and was a hit and the made for TV movie/mini series of the books was on ABC family and I wanted to see it because it had Stefan in it I figured I'd read them first. They were okay but I couldn't get into the next one.
8) The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith. This is like the above needing to finish even though I wasn't into it. I hated most of the characters in the book, but I had to know what happened as I was still getting back into reading and didn't have a ton to read yet. I love the show and since they are so vastly different (ie I love show Damon but HATED book Damon) made it all the way to Moonsong.
9) Riley Bloom books by Alyson Noel Companions to the Immortals series which I enjoyed back when I read them. I just couldn’t get into the Riley books and never made it past book 1 even though they are super short. Guess I grew out of them.
10) Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy I started reading it back when the movie with Keira Knightly came out but never could finish it. I think I got about 25% before just never picking it back up again. I don't remember it being anything specific, I guess I just have to be in a really specific mood for a historical fiction and/or a classic.
That's my list. Tell me what bookish things or books/series you have or want to quit. Also if you've done your own version share a link so I can check it out!