Wednesday, October 14, 2015

~Waiting on Wednesday~ Portia by Christina Bauer



               “Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.  Basically books that are not yet out that we are dying to get our hands on.  This week’s pick is:
 
Portia by Christina Bauer
Out:  10/27

From Goodreads:
                Unlike her famous older brother Maxon, Princess Portia isn’t known for killing demons or attracting admirers.  The reason why is simple:  a spell was cast on Portia, and the magic has marked her to one day transform into a dreaded Void demon.  To fight this horrible fate, Portia’s spent her life hiding in libraries and learning magic.  But when the Void demons threaten to destroy all the after-realms—and the handsome dragon Emperor Tempest offers his help—then Portia suspects that her future holds more than just demonic metamorphosis.  Fate is calling the bookworm princess onto the battlefield, and it’s a fight against both deadly enemies and her heart’s desires. 

My Thoughts:

                Do I need to say much?  I love all the Angelbound books thus far and have read and reviewed them all in the original series and I just loved Maxon’s story so I’m stoked to learn about his sibling.  Plus this world is always so well developed and full of new characters that keep you guessing.  Plus there is a dragon on the cover...so yeah.

6 comments:

  1. The dragon lured me into reading the blurb. I love dragons!
    I still have to read the Angel Bound series, I'm not sure why I haven't read them yet.
    Hope you enjoy this one too!
    Alma @ A Novel Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See! Dragons are super cool glad you got dragged in!

      Delete
  2. This series is new to me. Too bad, because I love books like these and that cover and blurb has my attention. Thanks for sharing. Hope you enjoy this one when you get to read it :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey always good to find new series! I love them and can read through in one sitting normally they are so fast!

      Delete
  3. I didn't know there would be more to this series. Can't wait to get my hands on this!

    ReplyDelete