Wednesday, October 7, 2015

~Waiting on Wednesday~ The Rose Society by Marie Lu

                “Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.  Basically books that are not yet out that we are dying to get our hands on.  This week’s pick is:

The Rose Society by Marie Lu
Out October 13th

Once upon a time, a girl had a father, a prince, a society of friends.  Then they betrayed her, and she destroyed them all.

From Goodreads:
Adelina Amouteru’s heart has suffered at the hands of both family and friends, turning her down the bitter path of revenge.  Now known and feared as the White Wolf, she and her sister flee Kenettra to find other Young Elites in the hopes of building her own army of allies.  Her goal:  to strike down the Inquisition Axis, the white-cloaked soldiers that murdered her love, the Crown Prince Enzo Valenciano.

But Adelina is no heroine.  Her powers, fed only by fear and hate, have started to grow beyond her  control.  She does not trust her newfound Elite friends.  Teren Santoro, leader of the Inquisition, wants her dead.  And her former friends, Raffaele and the Dagger Society, want to stop her thirst for vengeance, Adelina struggles to cling to the good within her.  But how can someone be good, when her very existence depends on darkness?

My thoughts:
                I read The Young Elites with a friend, last month and it was amazing.  I wasn’t sure what to expect I hadn’t read a middle grade book (that’s what I heard this was labeled as) since I hadn’t read one in forever!  Not what I would expect kids read but what do I know.  It was amazing and intense.  I was completely floored and I wanted more.  I’m also super happy I didn’t have to wait long for this!  A positive of procrastination! 


                That’s one I’m waiting on.  What are you waiting on?  Share in the comments below!

6 comments:

  1. Nice pick. It will be out soon. I hope you love all your new books this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm so excited for it and I'm going to her tour/signing so whoohoo even better!

      Delete
  2. I am so looking forward to this release!!! Also, I cannot wait for us to go see Marie Lu when she comes to town :) Great pick this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm definitely excited for this one as well! I've read all of Marie Lu's books thus far and she's an amazing author. :) Also, there's this one twist from TYE that I'm sure are making us all extra excited for The Rose Society. xD

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG YES!!!! I know what you mean and YES!

      Delete