Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 Wrap Up!

                I was thinking of making my own wrap up or tag type thing for 2015/2016 end to start but I saw this popping up all over my page and think it summed everything up!  It's a bit long but I'll keep my answers as short and simple as possible. The original post was created by Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner and full details can be found here.  This will be the last post of 2015!  I plan to take tomorrow off as well.  If I'm honest, and I always am with you all, I have plans this evening with some friends and I work tomorrow morning so I'm not sure how my brain will be functioning tomorrow.  With that said let's get rolling!
Number of Books You Read: 104 (includes novellas)
Number of Re-Reads: 3
Genre You Read the Most From: No idea I read what I want when I want!

Best Book Read in 2015?
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell & Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Book you were excited about & thought you were going to love more but didn't?
I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

Most Surprising (good or bad way) book you read?
Winter by Marissa Meyer (technically I'm not finished yet but hope to be tonight and it's in a GOOD way thus far!

Book you "Pushed" the most people to read?
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

Best series you started in 2015?  Best Sequel?  Best Series Ender?
Started: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas or An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
Sequel: 
Ender: End of Days by Susan Ee or Isla and the Happily Every After by Stephanie Perkins

Favorite new author you discovered?
Elise Kova with Air Awakens 

Best book from a genre you don't typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Couldn't find one really since I'm pretty open.

Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Winter by Marissa Meyer (and I'm not even finished yet!)

Book you read in 2015 that you are most likely to re-read next year?
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Favorite cover of a book read?
The Previous Stones trilogy by Kerstin Gier


Most memorable character?
Captain Thorn & Iko in The Lunar Chronicles (whole crew really)
Kaz in Six of Crows (whole group really)
Celaena in Throne of Glass books (keeping names the same)

Most beautifully written book?
Passenger by Alexandra Bracken

Most thought-provoking/life-caning book?

Book you can't believe you waited until 2015 to read?
The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas
 though I admit it was beautiful to have a selection ready to devour without waiting!

Favorite pasage/quote
I did a Top Ten on this here

Shortest & Longest books read?
Shortest: Mama Cried by Talia Haven (short story)
Longest: Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas

Book that shocked you the most
Air Awakens by Elise Kova I had some serious moments where I didn't see things coming!

OTP of the year!  (I will go down with this ship)
Kaz and Inej
Feyre and Tamlin
Celaena & Chaol 

Favorite non-romantic relationship?
Iko and everyone in the Lunar Chronicles!

Favorite book read of an author I already knew?
Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Best book read based solely on a recommendation from someone else/peer pressure?

Newest fictional crush?
Captain Thorn from The Lunar Chronicles
Prince Aldrik from Air Awakens
Kaz from Six of Crows
Park from Eleanor & Park
Nicolas from Passenger

Best 2015 debut?
Crown of Smoke by Snowa Fox

Best world building/most vivid setting?
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

Book that put a smile on my face/fun to read?
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

Book that made me cry/nearly cry?
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell 

Hidden gem of the year?
Alpha Unleashed by Aileen Erin

Book that crushed my soul?
Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas (if you don't know why then I can't say)

Most unique book?
Miss Peregrin's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs for the way it blended in the photos into the story, I haven't seen anything like that before myself.

Book that upset me the most?
Firewalker by Josephine Angelini




New favorite book blog?
 I've discovered several but a few are Next Page Please, The Eater of Books, Downright Dystopian, and my good friend started her blog Bogdana The Booknerd

Favorite review I wrote?
I don't think I can pick one off hand.  I'd have to spend a while going through them.  I think all the books I LOVED are fantastic as I try to show my love and excitement through each one!

Best discussion/non-review post I wrote?
I had the pleasure of doing several author interviews and new release promos which thrilled me.  Some of my favorites were getting to work with the Ink Monster team because I have loved their books since the start!

Best event I participated in?  (signings, festivals, virtual events, ect.)

I went to several signings which I adored all of them!  I also went to UtopYA which was a fantastic event and so much fun.  I missed out on YALLfest this year but I still think I had a fantastic time!

Best moment of bookish/blogging life?
At UtopYA I was talking to an author I like but didn't know would be there and she commented about her series and this one review that explained it perfectly and I was like huh sounds like mine...she was talking about MY review!  Also before this even an author I had interviewed the previous year messaged me to tell me she was attending and saw I would be there and looked forward to meeting me in person!  How awesome!  I'm a small still rather unknown blog but to be recognized was total fangirl!
I can't currently find the other picture but here is one!
Most challenging thing about blogging/reading this year?
Time.  I need to work on getting ahead and not typing things the day of. Also trying to post at a specific time is hard given that my job rotates hours nights to days so what is here for one month might be flipped for another.  Also YouTube, Netflix, and Pintrest.  It is so hard to read or write when I get caught up in one of those things and see my 10 min break was 2 hours.


Most popular post of the year (by views or comments)?
My ACOTAR review  (here)

My interview with Sarah Negovetich (here)


Post you wished got more love?
All of them lol!  I get more views than comments and I want to figure out how to get people to take a few moments to comment and interact so I can have a discussion!


Best bookish discovery? (sites, stores, etc)
I don't think I discovered much new this year honestly :(

Did you complete any challenges or goals?
The only challenge I was part of was my 100 book Goodreads challenge which I completed!



One book you didn't get to in 2015 but will be a priority in 2016?
There are so many!  I had planned to finish Queen of Shadows & Winter and I had wanted to finish off the Defiance and Darkest Minds trilogies but time got in the way.

Book most anticipated in 2016 (non-debut)?
I'm cheating I did a Top Ten with this last week! (here)

2016 debut most anticipating?
Another Top Ten (here) hey I've already put work into figuring this out!

Series ending/sequel I'm dying to get in 2016?
Pretty much all the sequel books listed two Q's ago lol.  A Court of Mist and Fury, Stars Above, The Raven King, Six of Crows 2, A Torch Against the Night, Throne of Glass 5, etc.

One thing I hope to accomplish or do in my reading/blogging life?
                Meeting my challenge goals and just keeping to my schedule.  It's doable if I just learn/stay on schedule and not get side tracked as much as I do with Netflix or YouTube marathons!

A 2016 release I've already read/recommend to everyone?
                Passenger by Alexandra Bracken (review
I have some other ARCs but I haven't gotten them finished just yet but look for them soon!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post! Thank you so much for the shout-out! My hopes for the new year is for us to attend utopya and yallfest, and to get more tags started so that we can connect with other amazing bloggers. Also I am looking forward to all of our read-alongs in the upcoming year.

    ReplyDelete