Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Best Books I Read in 2015

                Hello everyone!  Top Ten Tuesday is just how it sounds, a topic is picked and we put our Top Ten for that in a post and share and check out everyone’s answers.  Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Best Books I Read in 2015 (in no particular order)


Air Awakens by Elise Kova- A beautiful start to a fantasy series that I am thankful to have found. Review

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo – I really enjoyed the Grisha trilogy but this one was just so so much better with a band of misfit thieves and an impossible heist.  Great.  Review

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir- This was an incredible debut novel and a fantastic high fantasy!  Review

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas- I LOVE her!  ACOTAR is just amazing I was hooked that she was writing a new series and to find it had a Beauty & the Beast vibe I was sold.  Add in fey and masquerade masks and so much more.  Review

The Lunar Chronicles:  Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, Fairest, & Winter (which I haven't started yet but I'm already counting it) by Marissa Meyer- I finally read this series (and I hope to finish it) this year.  I just loved the idea of the fairy tale retelling with sci-fi aspects and the new spin on characters you may think you know.  Also Capt. Thorne….need I say more.  Reviews: Cinder, Scarlet, & Cress


Throne of Glass series:  Crown of Midnight, Heir of Fire, and Queen of Shadows (currently reading) by Sarah J. Maas- See above.  I just adore her and I started this series at the end of 2014 but have caught up in this year and each book just gets better and better each time.  Also thicker.  So many characters and things happening you never know what to think.  Reviews: Throne of Glass, Crown of Midnight, & Heir of Fire


Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell- This book is just beyond words.  I just love it.  Review


The Young Elites by Marie Lu- I enjoyed the Legend trilogy for sure but this one was so different and much darker.  The main character we follow she has a darkness inside of her that could do great or terrible things.  Review


Defiance by C. J. Redwine- I have one book left to finish in this series and the first series I plan to knock off and finish in 2016 but the first two books drew me in and I just loved the world created, more the characters the world put forth. 


The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black- I have several of her books but this is the first one I've read.  I really enjoyed her style and can't wait to read more by her plus the cover was pretty awesome.  Review


               Those are my Top Ten Picks, what were your top reads of 2015?  Share below in the comments.  Also check out this Tuesday Teaser for #Asleep 

16 comments:

  1. THRONE OF GLASS! Yes, yes, yes. And the Lunar Chronicles. And Six of Crows. Andddd The Darkest Part of the Forest. Your taste in books is on point, my friend. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha happy to hear you approve ;) ! I do love them all so so much! Made a great year for sure! T

      Delete
  2. So many awesome books. I adore Throne of Glass and The Lunar Chronicles. I am really looking forward to reading Six of Crows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved Six of Crows it was such a great heist misfit crew book. I remember Leigh talking about it mentioning it had similar aspects/feel to Ocean's Eleven at times and someone in the audience was like what's that??? She joked about feeling old but I totally saw it after she said it!

      Delete
  3. I have seen Air Awakens on a couple of lists this week, I am very interested in it now. It looks awesome!

    My TTT https://jazminjade.wordpress.com/2015/12/15/top-ten-tuesday-best-books-of-2015-so-far/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I've been picking it for a lot of lists lately but it was amazing!!! So well deserved! I hope you like it when you get the chance to read it.

      Delete
  4. Many books from my tbr on here. Can't wait to open up Ember in the Ashes. Aaand this is like the ten millionth mention I've heard of the Cinder series on these lists this year. Sooo, I guess it's pretty good huh? ;) Am most excited to get to Six of Crows I think.

    My top ten list is here, if you're interested: http://www.bookpunks.com/year-books-best-books-2015/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG YES to both of those! They are amazing! Also even better when you read the Lunar Chronicles (Cinder) you can marathon the whole series without waiting between books and the novella bind up will be out start of 2016 so even better!

      Delete
  5. Great list! I have never heard of Air Awakens, but I just added it to my to-read list. Your review convinced me :)
    I hope you like Winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I hope you love it! I hadn't heard of it either until I saw it everywhere and decided to give it a go in a read-along prep for book 2! I wish I could read more right now but sadly too much happening!

      Delete
  6. Air Awakens sounds awesome! Great list. :)

    Check out my TTT and my current giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many great books on here! Really loved Six of Crows, The Young Elites, the Throne of Glass series, and The Lunar Chronicles! Have yet to read An Ember in the Ashes and Air Awakens but I am super excited to do so. Thanks for sharing! Looks like you had a great year :)

    ~Kaitlin @ Next Page Please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know this has been a great year in books! This last month though has been kicking my but.

      Delete
  8. I love Sarah J Maas - I will read anything she writes!
    And I've been meaning to read Defiance - will have to do that soon. I'm glad that you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm addicted to her characters! I selfishly want a new book every month!

      Delete