Wednesday, December 2, 2015

~Waiting on Wednesday~ Asleep by Krystal Wade

                “Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.  Basically books that are not yet out that we are dying to get our hands on.  This week’s pick is:

Asleep by Krystal Wade
Out:  2/16

From Goodreads:
Rose Briar claims no responsibility for the act that led to her imprisonment in an asylum.  She wants to escape, until terrifying nightmares make her question her sanity and reach out to her doctor.  He’s understanding and caring in ways her parents never have been, but as her walls tumble down and Rose admits fault, a fellow patient warns her to stop the medications.  Phillip believes the doctor is evil and they’ll never make it out of the facility alive.  Trusting him might be just the thing to save her.  Or it might prove the asylum is exactly where she needs to be. 

Why I’m Waiting:

                I adore the author.  Aside from that I like the creepy spin on fairy tales.  Also I’m kind of a sucker for an asylum story and the whole questioning sanity thing, because let’s face it what is sane?  

16 comments:

  1. I love asylum stories and fairy-tale re-tellings so this sounds perfect! Also - the cover is kind of creepy!
    http://dualreads.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/wednesday-catch-up-2nd-december-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know right. Also it being called Asleep and having just slept through my whole day off....it was amazing and unproductive lol

      Delete
  2. Woah, what an odd cover! This is definitely not a book for me. O_O I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it's not for you. I like how unusual it is. Gives a nice creep vibe for it too ;)

      Delete
  3. Creepy spin on fairytales is right ... that cover is ... yikes! The eye is doing me in ;) Here's mine http://editingeverything.com/blog/2015/12/02/wow-good-money-by-jm-green/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know every time I look at it I cringe thinking the branch is super close to the eyeball and I have a fear of things being done to eyeballs! Excited to see the story play out.

      Delete
  4. This just sounds creepy. I like it! Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that cover!!!!! Thanks for sharing this one. I hadn't heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I first discovered the author through NetGalley a few years ago and have just enjoyed all of her works so far and can't wait for this new one.

      Delete
  6. I think I will check this one out eventually. I like the cover, but the more I look at it, the odder I find it...Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I'm happy to share it and I hope you do check it out and enjoy it, I'll share thoughts once I get my hands on it for sure ;)

      Delete
  7. This sounds positively creepy! I've read a couple of books where the main character was in an asylum this year, and it really messed with my head!
    I hope you'll get your hands on Asleep soon, Eve, and that it'll live up to your expectations.
    Have a wonderful Wednesday and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just got up after posting I went to bed and wow did I sleep the whole day away, literally all day I slept it was both amazing and horrible (because it was unproductive). Now I'm up and after commenting and looking around I plan to get some reading in!

      Sorry the books messed with your head, unless you liked that then whoohoo ;)

      Delete
  8. Oh, I love this kind of story where you don't know who to trust. Kind of reminds me of America Horror Story: Asylum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like AMH! The idea has always intrigued me because you would assume anyone in there was crazy but it makes sense to put someone there if you want to hide them who would believe them?

      Delete