Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: New-To-Me Fav Authors I Discovered this Year!

                Hello everyone!  Top Ten Tuesday is just how it sounds, a topic is picked and we put our Top Ten for that in a post and share and check out everyone’s answers.  Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

The top today is:  Top Ten New-To-Me Favorite Authors (Authors I enjoyed but had never read before this year)

Leigh Bardugo- I know I'm so far behind.  I had all the Grisha books but I hadn't started them before this year.  I flew through them with a friend and the newest book Six of Crows is just….wow.  Plus she was super fun and sweet when meeting her for a signing!  Reviews: Shadow &Bone, Siege & Storm, Ruin & Rising, and Six of Crows. 

Alexandra Bracken- Again had the books just got to them.  I've only read the first in the Darkest Minds series thus far though I am over halfway through Never Fade and I really enjoy the story and her characters.  I'm excited to finish the series and I'm excited for the ARC of her new book Passenger I just started.
Leila Sales- I had the chance to meet her with Leigh and so much fun.  I had just finished her new book, Tonight the Streets Are Ours (review) then but since have read her other novel This Song Will Save Your Life (review).  I just noticed her titles are both on the longer side… 

Becky Albertalli- Simon Vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda (review) was a fun and refreshing read for me this year.  I love a good contemporary and I was reading a bunch of fantasy at the time, which I also adore, so it was a nice little break and just filled with fun characters.
Jackson Pearce-I had one of her books and a couple anthologies where she had a story inside but I hadn't read any until I found out she was teaming up with one of my favorite authors Maggie Stiefvater for a middle grade book and I would get to meet them (Maggie again) that I wanted to have read one of her books before then.  I read As You Wish (review) which was super short and quick and just adorkable and made me want to check out the other stories and so far I've enjoyed the ones I've read.

 Sabaa Tahir- A book I was hearing lots about this year and as a debut as well was An Ember in the Ashes (review) and when I finally picked this up as a weekend read along pick with Bogdana the Booknerd I was so happy I did.  It drew me in right away and I loved the dual POV of both characters who are both so similar in some aspects but complete opposites in the other.  It left me begging for more.
David Levithan- I read Everyday (review) after his short story in My True Love Gave to Me anthology and hearing him speak at YALLfest 2014 and loved it.  I then was excited to check out more of his books, thus far I have bought several and read the sequel/companion Another Day (review).

Elise Kova- I am currently reading, and LOVING, her second book in the series Fire Falling.  I read Air Awakens (review) last month and was completely captivated by it.
C.J. Redwine- I'm almost finished with the Defiance trilogy.  I am reading it with a friend but we've been delayed due to some work/real life set backs but plan to finish the last book the first week of 2016!  Still so far I am just in love with the first two books.  I love how dark the world is and yet she weaves in the light and levity in different ways that make it perfect. 



6 comments:

  1. Oooh! With the release of FIRE FALLING I've been seeing AIR AWAKENS around, and I really, really want to read it. Looks like you had fun meeting lots of authors this year!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been lucky with some meetings and my willingness to drive 8 hours round trip to see authors for a couple hours lol. Yes Air Awakens was great I highly recommend it and hope you love it jut as much when you check it out!

      Delete
  2. Great list with some great authors on it! I also only discovered Leigh Bardugo this year but so far have only read Shadow and Bone, so its good to hear that you enjoyed the rest of her books.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's so fun to discover authors who have several books out already, then you have lots to read!

      Delete
  3. I still need to get around to Albertalli! :)

    Check out my TTT and Music Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you enjoy it when you do. I found myself laughing out loud during many moments and comments which I always count as a win! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete