Wednesday, December 23, 2015

~Waiting on Wednesday~ Dorothy Must Die Stories Vol. 2 by Danielle Paige

                “Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.  Basically books that are not yet out that we are dying to get our hands on.  This week’s pick is:

Out:  2/16

From Goodreads:
A collection of three prequel novellas to the New York Times bestselling Dorothy Must Die series!

Follow Dorothy’s iconic companions from the beloved classic The Wonderful Wizard of Oz as each of their gifts becomes key to the downfall of Oz.  After Dorothy Gale wished her way home and long before Amy Gumm found herself in Oz, Dorothy’s friends left the Road of Yellow Brick to go their separate ways.  But in a place like Oz, where magic and temptation lurk, the gifts from the Wizard begin to take on a life of their own.  The Tin Woodman becomes twisted with longing.  The Scarecrow develops a taste for plotting.  And doubt consumes the Cowardly Lion.

Kiss the land where troubles melt like lemon drops good-bye.  Here there’s danger around every corner, and magical shoes won’t be able to save you.

Why I’m Waiting:

                I enjoyed the first two books and the first novella bind up and look forward to continuing the series and that includes the novellas and seeing how the characters I knew from TV turned into the creatures of nightmares when Amy comes to town.  

10 comments:

  1. I really need to catch up on this series! I only have the kindle editions of the novellas, but I think I need the hardcover bindups to match my books. Great pick this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you do we can chat! I was saving the one novella for when it comes out with the set!

      Delete
  2. I've only ever seen this series in passing but I've never paid much attention to it. I'm intrigued. The premise sounds very interesting. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting for sure. It shocked me a few times just for doing things I didn't expect which I can respect plus they are pretty quick reads.

      Delete
  3. I think I need to re-read the first book, I must not have been in the right mood because I didn't love it. Others love it so much though, it makes me think I need to give it a second chance
    Hope you get some great books under the tree! Merry Christmas!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true if you're not in the mood for a book it can ruin the experience. My rule is never read anything you're not feeling at the moment! Hope you Christmas was wonderful!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read this series yet but it's on my TBR list! It sounds really, really good and like something I could hiiiighly enjoy! Hope you'll like it! :D

    Happy holidays! :) ♥
    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hey bright side when you get to pick it up you'll have less of a wait for more ;)

      Delete
  5. I would like to read this series. I love retellings and the premise for this is just so very different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found that I love retellings as well they are so much fun for sure!

      Delete