Wednesday, February 15, 2017

~Waiting on Wednesday~ Hunted (Hunted #1)

                “Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.  Basically books that are not yet out that we are dying to get our hands on.  This week’s pick is:

Hunted (Hunted #1) by Meagan Spooner
Out:  3/14

From Goodreads:
                Beauty knows the Beast's forest in her bones—and in her blood.  Though she grew up with the city's highest aristocrats, far from her father's old lodge, she knows that the forest holds secrets and that her father is the only hunter who's ever come close to discovering them.

                So when her father loses his fortune and moves Yeva and her sisters back to the outskirts of town, Yeva is secretly relieved.  Out in the wilderness, there's no pressure to make idle chatter with vapid baronessas…or to submit to marrying a wealthy gentleman.  But Yeva's father's misfortune may have cost him his mind, and when he goes missing in the woods, Yeva sets her sights on one prey:  the creature he'd been obsessively tracking just before his disappearance.

                Deaf to her sisters' protests, Yeva hunts this strange Beast back into his own territory—a cursed valley; a ruined castle, and a world of creatures that Yeva's only heard about in fairy tales.  A world that can bring her ruin or salvation.  Who will survive:  the Beauty, or the Beast?

Why I’m Waiting:
                 I really enjoyed another season the author co-wrote so I was intrigued to read more.  I'm also a huge Beauty & the Beast fan.  So combine them both and I'm going to check it out.  Spin things completely on their head where the Beast doesn't seem like a romantic prospect but a real beast and I'm more eager to give it a go.


                What are you waiting on?  Tell me below what you think of this title and leave a link to your WoW as well so I can check it out.

12 comments:

  1. YES, can't wait to read this either!! I love Beauty and the Beast and I love Meagan Spooner's Starbound series with Amie Kaufman, so I'm excited to read her solo work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I need to read the last Starbound book so bad!

      Delete
  2. This one sounds amazing doesn't it? I think it's such a n original way of coming at sucha beloved tale. Here's mine: http://editingeverything.com/blog/2017/02/15/waiting-oncant-wait-wednesday-upside-unrequited/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the second person I've seen waiting for this book today, and I totally get why. This looks amazing!

    My WoW post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I love seeing books on multiple pages! I tried to comment to your WoW which sounds super interesting but it keeps saying "not responding" :(

      Delete
  4. I can't wait for this one, either! I think this is one of the most highly anticipated books of early 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its on my Tbr too! Hope it turns out to be as good as everyone is saying!
    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same, sometimes with big hype and excitement I worry it won't live up but I can't control my enthusiasm.

      Delete
  6. I keep seeing this book on WoWs and TBRs. I'm usually wary of books with too much hype because they rarely live up to the expectation, but I'm cautiously optimistic for this. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen it around on here some but I don't think it's reached some super hype.

      Delete