Wednesday, July 11, 2018

~Can't Wait Wednesday: Wildcard (Warcross #2)~


                Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Wishful Endings.  Basically books that are not yet out that we are dying to get our hands on.  This week’s pick is:

Wildcard (Warcross #2) by Marie Lu
Out:  9/18

From Goodreads:
                Emika Chen barely made it out of the Warcross Championships alive.  Now that she knows the truth behind Hideo’s new NeuroLink algorithm, she can no longer trust the one person she’s always looked up to, who she once thought was on her side.

                Determined to put a stop to Hideo’s grim plans, Emika and the Phoenix Riders band together, only to find a new threat lurking on the neon-lit streets of Tokyo.  Someone’s put a bounty on Emika’s head, and her sole chance for survival lies with Zero and the Blackcoats, his ruthless crew.  But Emika soon learns that Zero isn’t all that he seems—and his protection comes at a price.

                Caught in a web of betrayal, with the future of free will at risk, just how far will Emika go to take down the man she loves?

Why I’m Waiting:
                 So I really loved Warcross (review).  The way it ended….I just need to know more.  I need to know what will happen next.  I have some theories but mostly just some wild hopes.  I honestly don’t know what to expect and that has me both anxious, nervous and excited! 

                What are you waiting on?  Tell me below what you think of this title and leave a link to your CWW as well so I can check it out.

16 comments:

  1. I need to read Warcross ASAP!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the first book but would like to. Great pick..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't even read the first one yet lol. For some reason I'm not in a super hurry to do so.

    Here's our WOW: http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2018/07/waiting-on-wednesday-girl-at-grave-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well if you do decide to give it a go I really enjoyed the audiobook experience.

      Delete
  4. I know lots of people love this series. Hope you enjoy this continuation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read the first book, but I'm excited for this book too! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know I am so far behind in some books but the ones I'm caught up on I get even more excited for lol

      Delete
  6. I haven't read the first book yet but I do love these covers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Warcross (and all of Lu's books) and this is definitely one of my most anticipated releases! I hope that it does not disappoint!
    My WOW: https://booksofteacups.wordpress.com/2018/07/11/waiting-on-wednesday-the-sisters-of-winter-wood-by-rena-rossner/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to read this book too! I wish it were here now. I hope you love it, Eve!

    Have a great day. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete