Monday, May 7, 2018

A Court of Frost & Starlight (ACOTAR #3.1)


                Hello happy readers!  So as most of you know A Court of Frost and Starlight (ACOTAR #3.1) by Sarah J. Maas came out last week.  I was unable to read that day given I was at work and couldn’t listen and my physical copy was waiting at my front door for me and after opening it I promptly passed out.  But that said the next day my one goal was to read that book in one sitting.  I did just that.  For a Maas book it was short, given that it is technically a novella, possibly the longest novella I’ve read, it was a quick listen.  Now I wanted to share my thoughts on the matter and of course as this is a book that follows after the huge events of the previous three books there will be spoilers for the first three books.

Rating:  5 Stars

                Our Inner Circle is dealing with the aftermath of the war.  Winter Solstice is in a week and even among their duties and rebuilding the Inner Circle must take some time to enjoy the holiday in a way only they can.  This book is brief and not super plot heavy but as it was described as an in between.  It is a way to touch base after the war and see our characters and where they stand and how they are healing.  We also get to experience many different POV’s whereas the original was all from Feyre so we get a feel for some of the other voices we will be seeing.  It was pure love full of some darker moments for sure as post war and loss not everyone is doing well.  Just because you won the war doesn’t mean everything turns into a rainbows and sunshine there is still a lot to deal with.  Seeing how everyone is coping and dealing and living with life post war is nice to know they struggle at times too.  There are also tons of fun light hearted moments as well like the Winter Solstice traditions, dinner time chats that had me in tears, art, decorating, and of course some love! 

                This is basically a book full of little bits here and there that kind of help give you a feel for where our people are and bridge the gap between the original trilogy and the new books.  I really enjoyed the fun I had with it and I can’t wait for the next book next year which in the physical copy we got a sneak peek at and I’m thrilled it looks like it will focus on Nesta and Cassian.  I am beyond excited and so happy I had this little bit of Inner Circle love to hold me over. 

                Until next time…

2 comments:

  1. Still waiting on my copy to be dispatched but I'm so excited that you rated it 5 stars. So far I haven't seen a lot of good reviews of it yet so I was slightly worried but my hopes are high up anyways. :D

    ReplyDelete