Friday, March 14, 2014

Shattered Secrets by Krystal Wade

                So if you scroll back you will see I had the wonderful chance to interview the author of Shattered Secrets, Krystal Wade on the release day March 3rd.  I’ve been excited for it to come out and couldn’t wait to read it.  I even put off starting the next book in a series I started reading (Allie’s War, review of the first book to come).  I read the book the same week, however, it has taken me a bit to post my review.  I am sorry for the delay, originally I got bit by my muse for my own WIP and you never turn town inspiration.  You must obey when it says write.  Then as I got that bit out I stated to have been having some…technical difficulties that are finally being resolved and I rewrote my review I can post.  I also just backed up all of my work just to be safe. 
                Long story short when not at work I read until my eyes couldn’t stay open any longer and then dreamed about the two stories in combination.  That was very….lets just call it interesting.  Then I woke up and read until I finished.  Now…I have to wait to know what happens next but I can share my thoughts and spread the word on this book.
                There is A LOT going on in this book.  Boy troubles should be Abigails’ biggest concern, that is until she’s kidnapped and learns her normal life is anything by normal.  She’s different.  Which explains some of her boy troubles but also opens up a whole new can of worms.  A crash course in who/what you are and instructions to read a huge and conflicting book with secrets handing over your head and people trying to capture you?  Just a normal day.  What do you do?  Who do you trust? 
                There is a lot to learn in the world of Kalós, influencers of human emotions.  She wants to stick to the only person she feels she can trust…but there always seems to be secrets clouding her wherever she goes.  It makes figuring out this new mess so much more difficult.  Everyone seems to have a motive or agenda. 
                Abigail is a pretty strong girl who is pushed into an impossible situation.  She is confused and she has no clue what to do and stumbles along trying to make the best decisions she can.  She feels real; just an awkward girl trying to make sense of life.  Derick is the same.  A guy who likes a girl, it’s the only thing that makes sense anymore.  But can they work things out?  Are they meant to be together?  There are so many other great characters as well that have their own complexities and I look forward to learning more about them. 
                One of the things that struck me about this book, that I can’t talk about too much without giving things away is the battle within.  Every person goes through things each day, each to a different degree, that shape us into who we are.  So when you are forced to make a decision, how do you choose the right answer?  Can something that seems right, but goes against who you are as an individual make it wrong?  When faced with two truths, would you go with your gut even if it meant something bad might happen or would you go against your nature for the greater good? 

                Anyways I really enjoyed Shattered Secrets and hope you will as well.  This book is out and ready to be bought or downloaded now.  Tell me what you think in the comments below.  

No comments:

Post a Comment