Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Things books made me want to do/try/learn

                Hello everyone!  Top Ten Tuesday is just how it sounds, a topic is picked and we put our Top Ten for that in a post and share and check out everyone’s answers.  Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

The top ten today is:  Things books made me want to do/try/learn

Travel- duh!  So basically last weeks list times fifty lol.

Learn new languages- so many books!  Mostly though Daughter of Smoke and Bone where she can just use one of those wishes to be perfect in a language….so jealous!

Learn to fight- Okay so many books feature kick ass characters but yeah I always thought it’d be good to learn and doing so would get me in shape so win/win.

Learn to dance / play an instrument- I have zero rhythm and it’s horrible to see me try and dance but I always want to.  I’m also uncoordinated and tone deaf.  Though if I could both play and dance together like some Lindsey Stirling holly wow ;)

Weapons- Hunger Games started it with archery, to which I did go shoot a bow at a sporting goods grand opening just because and I was super excited to hit the target on the first try!  Okay technically the second but the first time they had me use this pull/release thing I couldn’t figure out how to release lol but using my hand I was good!  Still while that is fun I’d like to learn other weapons you never know what you’ll need in the apocalypse

Survival skills- So dystopia….basically everyone has to survive in different conditions somehow or another and I am clearly a product of my era and don’t think I can even camp let alone if it was necessary and I didn’t have all the current amenities campers do

Road trip-I’ve wanted to go on a long road trip with a friend or friends for a while!  Kind of no plan and just driving and hoping for the best or some loose plan with an ending destination in sight but no idea or plans for the way.

Be a PI / solve mysteries- From show (and books) like Veronica Mars to the mysteries you read who doesn’t want to solve mysteries?

Go to a real ball (preferably a masquerade)- where it’s not cheap or cheesy but there really are super nice gowns and dancing and all!

Date a bad boy- Okay so I’m currently single and yeah you read stories about the bad boy, some who turn into the perfect boyfriend but many just break your heart still I’ve never had a bad boy and I think it’s something to try ;)



                 Tell me what you think of my list in the comments below.  Also please link back to your Top Ten as well so I can check out your list and see what I missed!

17 comments:

  1. Nice list! I vote yes for everything except the bad boy...why risk your heart?

    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/07/ten-french-ish-things-reading-french.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I know but it will be an experience ;)

      Delete
    2. Plus you could always just date and have fun and not put your heart out there too far!

      Delete
  2. Great list! I'd love to learn a new language. I've been trying on and off to teach myself Spanish for years and it's never worked. I'd love to learn to dance too - and have my boyfriend learn to haha!

    Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it would be great to be able to rope him into learning with you :) And yeah I was learning Spanish and sign language at one point but they kinda dropped.

      Delete
  3. Divergent also made me want to learn how to fight! Dauntless was kicking everybody's ass! ;) Great Top Ten! :D
    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! The book was bad enough but the movie and seeing Four....just saying if he was my trainer and I got Tris's personalized attention I may just be a pro

      Delete
  4. I want to redo my list. Your list will be my template. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I'd wanna date a bad boy too. Just for the experience. If he doesn't change to a good guy though, it's over haha. I would totally want to learn another language, I love languages. I speak 2 fluently now but I've learned 3 others, and currently learning another one xD. Awesome list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Just date. I don't every go in thinking someone will change but yeah it would be an experience. I'm jealous on the languages!

      Delete
  6. I would love to go on a cool road trip with my friends too! I'd also love to go to a ball and travel, like everywhere!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/07/26/top-ten-tuesday-67/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know many who wouldn't want to travel! So travel and a road trip can work together!

      Delete
  7. I'd love to attend a masquerade! Honestly, I'd just love to wear a magnificent dress and mask around the house, ha! Being a PI like Veronica would also be kind of amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I consider doing some PI like snooping as is for some things! But yes a masquerade ball so so much fun and I collect the pretty masks so I have a few to choose from just in case I ever have need ;)

      Delete
  8. Dystopia does make you plan out your survival skills and discuss what would you do to survive. My husband and I have this discussion frequently, especially when The Walking Dead is on. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I would so not survive anything lol.

      Delete