Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Reading Slump fixes!


                Hello everyone!  Top Ten Tuesday is just how it sounds, a topic is picked and we put our Top Ten for that in a post and share and check out everyone’s answers.  Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl. 

The top ten today is:  Books to pull you out of a SLUMP

Sometimes I just need to swap up the format.  If I'm having no luck with reading then I see if maybe going to the listening route works better.  If not then I turn to re-reading a favorite to get me out of a slump.  Here are a few of the books I always go back to.


Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling- Does this need an explanation?


The Goddess Summoning Series by P.C. Cast- I regularly go back and skim through one of these on the regular just because I adore them so much and it will be on my mind.


Anna & the French Kiss Series by Stephanie Perkins- This whole series is so fast and fun it just gives you all the feels!


Anything my Sarah J. Maas!  They are long for sure but sometimes I just love to go back and skim or listen to sections again to get me back in the mood!


Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell- This is just an uber quite book that makes me love being a fangirl!


Geekerella  by Ashley Poston- On a similar note these books about being geeks and fangirls just make me want to dive back into what I love and remind me why I love it!


Angelbound Series by Christina Bauer- This is a super fun and fast series and each book I fly through and love!


Alpha Girl Series by Aileen Erin- Same as above as I found them at the same time they are some amazing books I can just plow through and enjoy the story and the characters.


Fifty Shades of Grey Series- by E.L. James- Given that I never thought I'd read them and now I have re-read them several times it's pretty fun.  They are something different than I normally read so I think it helps to get me out of my funk and go in fresh.

And last but not least….if re-reading or trying a different format (physical book / ebook / audiobook) then I just go to Netflix and binge watch a show/series and then dive back in!
             
                So what do you think?  Tell me what you think of my list in the comments below.  Also please link back to your Top Ten as well so I can check out your list and see what I missed!

10 comments:

  1. I don't re-read usually which makes this topic kind of hard. However, I do love some Netflix. In fact, I can and usually watch the entire Gilmore Girls at least once every 2 years or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I watched Gilmore Girls for the first time only a few years ago. I got through all seasons in like a month and a half. I did no reading in that time but it was addictive!

      Delete
  2. Re-reading old favourites seems like a smart way to beat a reading slump! Definitely agree that the whole Anna and the French Kiss series is perfect for curing slumps, they're just so fluffy and lighthearted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I love that you included Netflix. That’s the best for a slump. Harry Potter made my list, too. I reread them whenever I'm in a slump.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well it's a double edged sword because Netflix can also cause a slump!

      Delete
  4. I see Anna & the French Kiss in a lot of bookshelves. I may have to pick it up. I do enjoy Netflix when I'm in a reading slump and I also like to reread some of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I do suggest it and hope you love them if you read them!!

      Delete
  5. I spy Anna and the French Kiss aka one of my favorite feel-good reads. So fun. :)

    Thanks so much for visiting Finding Wonderland, Eve!

    ReplyDelete