Wednesday, October 17, 2018

~Can't Wait Wednesday: The Queen's Resistance (The Queen's Rising #2)~


                Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Wishful Endings.  Basically books that are not yet out that we are dying to get our hands on.  This week’s pick is:

The Queen’s Resistance (The Queen’s Rising #2) by Rebecca Ross
Out:  3/5/19

From Goodreads:
                At long last, Briena is a mistress of knowledge and is beginning to settle into her role as the daughter of Davin MacQuinn, a disgraced lord who returned to Maevana to reclaim his house.  Though she’d just survived a revolution, one that will finally return a queen to throne, she faces yet another challenge:  Proving herself trustworthy to the MacQuinns.  But as Queen Isolde Kavanagh’s closest confidant, she’ll have to balance serving her father’s house as well as her country.  And then there’s Cartier, a wholly separate but desirable factor in her new life.

                Aodhan Morgane, formerly known as Cartier Evariste, is adjusting to the start contrast between his pre-rebellion life in Valenia as a master of knowledge and his current one as the lord of a fallen house.  During the castle’s restoration, he discovers a young boy named Tomas, whose past and parentage are a complete mystery.  So when Cartier’s former pupil Brienna is as taken with Tomas as he is, he lets his mind wander—what if he doesn’t have to raise him or his house alone?

                As the Lannon trial swiftly approaches, Brienna and Cartier must put their love aside and stay focused on the most vital task at hand—forging alliances, executing justice and ensuring that no man, woman, or child halts the queen’s coronation.  But resistance is rumbling in the old regime’s supporters, who are desperate to find a weakness in the rebel’s forces.  And what makes one more vulnerable than deep-seated love?


Why I’m Waiting:
                 So book one was a huge hit with me this year. One of my favorite debut books for sure.  I loved everything about it.  I was happy with it as a stand-alone but I was thrilled to hear we’d see more in this world.  And now I see we even have a new cover!  Though I admit I’m partial to book one with the blue cloak and all but this keeps the same design and as most sequels these days are changing the scheme on me I appreciate that!  But I just want more Brienna and Cartier if I’m honest!!!!!

                What are you waiting on?  Tell me below what you think of this title and leave a link to your CWW as well so I can check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment