Thursday, October 11, 2018

Movie Corner #19


                Hello happy movie fans!    Michael update I lost power for a few hours, which made it hot as hades inside with no fans but everything worked out okay.  No damage just some limbs down.  I hope anyone else in the path are safe.  So lots of movies I want to see right now and I haven’t had a chance yet to see them all just yet but here are some I have seen the last couple weeks:


Venom:  5 Stars
                I don’t read any comics or graphic novels and my only experience with Venom prior to this was his appearance in the original Spiderman movies with Tobey McGuire so from the trailer alone I knew this was vastly different.  Still it looked super cool and I love some Tom Hardy so I was game.  I really enjoyed the movie.  I don’t see why it has such a horrible rating because I found it great.  I loved the comedy moments thrown in and the action and CGI were awesome to me.  It was strange and cool.  I enjoyed it!


Hellfest:  5 Bloodied Bodies
                Okay can I just say how excited I am for Halloween.  Seriously it’s my favorite time of year.  I don’t get scared easily by “scary” things but I love being around it and watching people try.  I love haunted houses, mazes, trails and all things of the like.  I love to go through and have some startling fun with friends and I love going through with people who scare easy even more.  So that said a movie about a haunted festival already had me, and made me jealous because OMG I want to go to something like this!!!  But yeah add in a creepy stalker/killer into this event and I was there.  I loved the idea and how crazy everything seemed.  Again can I say how jealous I am because this park looked like some amazing fun!  I even managed to see the last showing of the night at my local theatre and for the first 5 minutes of the film I was the only person in there (some late stragglers took that away but they screamed at random scenes which made it even more fun for me).  Aside from one eyeball scene which freaked me out, because anything involving eyeballs is a no go for me my eyes are watering even as I type this, but yeah the rest was great.  It wasn’t over the top gory either.  I look forward to adding this to my regular Halloween marathon!
  

*****
                Not a ton but Michael did shut the local theatre down yesterday and everyone was advised to not travel unless necessary so...there is that.  Anywho still have many more to see but I enjoyed the ones I picked so I call it a win.  What movies have you seen recently?  What should I see?  This week I’m super excited to see Bad Times at the El Royale and Goosebumps 2.  I still have others I need to catch up on!


No comments:

Post a Comment