Saturday, December 31, 2016

2017 Reading Challenge Announcement

   Hello Happy Readers and Goodbye 2016! 

                Today is the last day of 2016 and I am so ready for 2017.  This has been a crazy year for sure filled with both good and bad.  Yesterday I posted my challenge update to see how I did on my goals of 2016 which you can see here.  I think overall I did pretty well.  I achieved all but one of my challenges and that one was pretty close too.  I also had lots of fun participating in these so I wanted to continue with that fun and sign up for some 2017 challenges.  So now I’m talking about them!

Goal: 125
                Basic reading challenge, all books read count.


Goal: 12
                This is one I did last year (and completed) to read 12 or more debut books from 2017.  It’s great because it brings new authors to your attention!  Now for this one they don’t count until they have been reviewed.  #2017DebAuthC 


Goal: As many as possible!
                Another one I did last year and enjoyed and again is pretty straight forward.  Books on your TBR that have been published before 2017.  Basically cleaning off your shelf of unread books!  Monthly wrap up’s will be posted with #RockMyTBR   

Goal: 15
                The last challenge from 2016 I did and this one is the one I failed at reaching my goal of 15 coming in at only 12.  So this time I’m ready to give it another go and reach it!  The goal is to finish series simple as that.  Only the last book in the series counts (hence series ender) so you can read the final book in a series you started a while ago or read the whole series.  Monthly wrap-up posts will be posted on the 25th of every month. 


Goal: 31-60
                Books have to be released and reviews in 2017!  Minimum page length is 100 pages so super short 20 page novellas don’t count.  Really I like this one because last year I read a bunch of new releases but they didn’t count towards any of my challenges which made my competitive side sad but I really wanted to read them so this year I’m covering them!  I’m aiming for a New Release Pro of 31-60 books, yikes!


Goal: 5-10
                So I’ve recently started to get into audiobooks more and more.  They were good for trips in the car and such but that was about the only time I listened.  Now I’ve started to listen to them on my phone more frequently and thought this sounded like fun!  I’m aiming for Weekend Warrior of 5-10.


                            Those are all the challenges I have decided to try in 2017.  There were so many wonderful ones to choose from but I didn't want to be overwhelmed.  That said I will be posting monthly updates to my progress on the 25th of the month.  I have high expectations for reading in 2017 and I hope yo all do as well!  Help me stay on track and motivated.  Share your own challenge links below so I can do the same!  All of this information and links will be posted on a tab at the top of the page where I'll update my progress monthly!    

No comments:

Post a Comment