Wednesday, December 14, 2016

~Waiting on Wednesday~ Now I Rise (And I Darken #2)

                “Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.  Basically books that are not yet out that we are dying to get our hands on.  This week’s pick is:

Now I Rise (And I Darken #2) by Kiersten White
Out: 6/27

From Goodreads:
                Lada Dracul has no allies.  No throne.  All she has is what she’s always had:  herself.  After failing to secure the Wallachian throne, Lada is out to punish anyone who dares to cross her blood-strewn path.  Filled with a white-hot rage, she storms the countryside with her men, accompanied by her childhood friend Bogdan, terrorizing the land.  But brute force isn’t getting Lada what she wants.  And thinking of Mehmed brings little comfort to her thorny heart.  There’s no time to wonder whether he still thinks about her, even loves her.  She left him before he could leave her.

                What Lada needs is her younger brother Radu’s subtlety and skill.  But Mehmed has sent him to Constantinople—and it’s no diplomatic mission.  Mehmed wants control of the city, and Radu has earned an unwanted place as a double-crossing spy behind enemy lines.  Radu longs for his sister’s fierce confidence—but for the first time in his life, he rejects her unexpected plea for help.  Torn between loyalties to faith, to the Ottomans, and to Mehmed, he knows he owes Lada nothing.  If she dies, he could never forgive himself—but if he fails in Constantinople, will Mehmed ever forgive him?

                As nations fall around them, the Dracul siblings must decide:  what will they sacrifice to fulfill their destinies?  Empires will topple, thrones will be won…and souls will be lost.
               

Why I’m Waiting:
                 Normally I’m not big on historical fiction but And I Darken (review) really pulled me in and the whole concept of a female Vlad the Impaler seemed interesting.  Not being a fan of history I don’t know how close it follows real historic moments and to that end I have no idea where it will go but I’m ready to find out what happens to Lada and Radu.


                What are you waiting on?  Tell me below what you think of this title and leave a link to your WoW as well so I can check it out.

10 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the first book in this series and this is the first time I have seen anything about Book 2! It sounds incredible and I hope that we both enjoy it! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you too! I was excited to see the cover just looking at the cover and title I knew instantly it was part of the same series!

      Delete
  2. Wow! This definitely sounds interesting! I need to check this series out!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaaassss, this book! It could not come soon enough! I liked And I Darken and I LOVE this cover. I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a wonderful week, Eve. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and you as well. I am loving the cover and I'm so conflicted on feelings about some characters and events that I need more to help me hash things out!

      Delete
  4. Oh, yes, definitely waiting on this one, too. Book one was just so intense, I can't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I need more to fully make up my mind on certain people/things!

      Delete
  5. I haven't read And I Darken yet, but I've heard great things about it! I hope you enjoy this book as well. Lovely WoW pick!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was different for sure and the cover was so beautiful!

      Delete