Thursday, December 29, 2016

Wayfarer (Passenger #2) Sneak Peek

                Hello Happy Readers!  So excited for 2017!  We are almost there but first I have one more snip-it for you.  I’ll also be sharing my 2016 wrap-up and 2017 goals/challenges in the next couple of days so stay tuned.  But first Wayfarer (Passengers #2).

                So you may remember but last year I was stoked to get an ARC of Passenger (review)by Alexandra Bracken from NetGalley.  I loved the book and my biggest complaint was that I had to wait even longer for more.  That said when I saw the cover for Wayfarer, one of my most anticipated books of 2017, on NetGalley I clicked request faster than lightening.  I got it right away but then I noticed that it was only a sneak peek, the first seven chapters of the book.  Now I was skeptical about this as I have mixed feelings on chapter samplers normally but I figured I needed at least one answer to hold me over and the book comes out in the first month of 2017 so I went ahead and devoured it.

                This sampler was not nearly enough to completely satisfy but if did the job of getting me amped up and ready for book two.  It took me back to the world of Passenger and reminded me of everything that had happened.  It made sure that when my pre-order of Wayfarer arrives it is read right away and now I can also get a jump start! 

                Nicholas is working with Sophia are working together.  Etta is alone but finds unexpected company in someone I'd been so excited to learn more about, Julian and even got the first glimpse of a new character Li Min who had me unsure from the start.  So much was encompassed in those seven chapters I can't wait to get my hands on the whole thing.  Basically next week can't come soon enough!  Until then here is the summary to help tide us over.

                All Etta Spencer wanted was to make her violin debut when she was thrust into a treacherous world where the struggle for power could alter history.  After losing the one thing that would have allowed her to protect the Timeline, and the one person worth fighting for, Etta awakens alone in an unknown place and time, exposed to the threat of the two groups who would rather see her dead than succeed.  When help arrives, it comes from the last person Etta ever expected—Julian Ironwood, the Grand Master's heir who has long been presumed dead, and whose dangerous alliance with a man from Etta's past could put them both at risk.

                Meanwhile, Nicholas and Sophia are racing through time in order to locate Etta and the missing astrolabe with Ironwood travelers hot on their trail.  They cross paths with a mercenary-for-hire, a cheeky girl named Li Min who quickly develops a flirtation with Sophia.  But as the three of them attempt to evade their pursuers, Nicholas soon realizes that one of his companions may have ulterior motives. 


                As Etta and Nicholas fight to make their way back to one another, from Imperial Russia to the Vatican catacombs, time is rapidly shifting and changing into something unrecognizable…and might just run out on both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment