Friday, December 30, 2016

2016 Reading Wrap-Up!

                Hello Happy Readers!  2017 is almost over so that means it's time to look back at my year of reading.  I want to discuss my reading challenges and how I did in them as well as some of my other goals I had mentioned.  I had a bit of a slow last half of the year with apartment issues and then the craziness of buying a house and all it entails and then holiday madness but that said I still had a great reading year.  The first half of the year I was flying through books!  I've already had some great reads so I call it a win/win.

Challenges:

Goodreads: My goal was 100 books and I have read (at time of posting) 103 books!  I made my goal, mostly in the first part of the year.

2016 Debut Author Challenge:  Goal was to read 12 debut books of 2016 and review them. So I ended up completing this one with 14 books!  I didn't get the last 4 on my blog yet but I did review them on Goodreads!  Still cheers to that one! 

Rock My TBR Challenge: This one I didn't have a specific number of books in mind just that I wanted to read lots of books I already owned prior to 2016 from my shelf.  That said I completed 35 books (and hoping to finish 2 more before the end of 2016) so I call this one a win as well!

My last challenge I participated in was the Series Ender Challenge:  Basically to finish off series either if you only had 1 book left or you read the whole series through just the final book counts.  I had a goal of 15 but sadly I didn't meet this one.  I was a bit ambitious as most of mine I read from start to finish and I only managed to finish 12.  Still proud of this just shot a bit too high for my year.  Still 12 is awesome that's 12 series I have finished up!

  Goals:
      Debut books I had hoped/planned to read this year: (original list)

Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman (review)
These Vicious Masks by Tarun Shanker (review)
Assassin's Heart by Sarah Ahiers
After the Woods by Kim Savage
Burning Glass by Kathryn Purdie
The Abyss Surrounds Us by Emily Skrutskie
Don't Get Caught by Kurt Dinan (review)
My Kind of Crazy by Robin Reul (review)
The First Time She Drowned by Kerry Kletter

                Here I got 4/10 which isn't great but this was made when I didn't know all the amazing debut books coming out so while I read some real hits I didn't get to each of these.  Some I did buy and do plan to read in 2017 which include Burning Glass, The Love That Split the World, and Assassin's Heart.


Books/Series I  had planned to read/finish: (original list)
Percy Jackson and the Olympians series (and follow up series) by RIck Riordan- Didn't touch them.  I wanted to badly to but then I had so many other books they kept being pushed back thinking I would finish quickly but never did.
The 5th Wave series by Rick Yancey- I did read the first two books before the final book came out but since then I have not finished out the last book as intended. (The 5th Wave & The Infinite Sea)
Mara Dyer series by Michelle Hodkin- Never started.  Shame.
Daughter of Smoke & Bone series by Laini Taylor- I finished this one!  Whoohoo!!! (Daughter of Smoke & Bone / Days of Blood & Starlight)
Snow Like Ashes series by Sara Raasch- Finished this one too!  Cheers I'm doing okay here.  (Snow Like Ashes / Ice Life Fire)
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black- Nope
Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout- I just started the first book via audiobook and hope to finish today or tomorrow but won't have the series completed this year. 
Summer trilogy by Jenny Hann- Never touched them.  I meant to do it in the summer when it would fit the season but somehow they got skipped.
The Selection series by Kiera Cass- Yes!  Another win for me.  I read all of these even the novellas. (Selection / Elite / One / Heir / Crown)
Adorkable by Sara Manning- Nope.  I forgot I had this on my list until I went back to look and dang it there it was. 


                So here I did kind of 50/50 I'd say.  Some of these will even make it to my 2017 lists while others will not.  So that is my 2016 wrap-up.  I can only hope to do even better next year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment