Monday, March 5, 2018

Succubus Shadows (Georgina Kincaid #5)

                Hello happy readers.  I hope you all had an amazing weekend.  I am approaching the end of this series and I have enjoyed each of the books and how they build on one another.  That said here are my thoughts on book 5 of the Georgina Kincaid series by Richelle Mead:  Succubus Shadows.  I have reviewed the previous titles:  Succubus BluesSuccubus on TopCity of Demons Succubus DreamsSuccubus Heat.

Rating:  5 Stars

                So we left off with Georgina and Seth having been together for a brief bit while boss man was MIA and her powers were gone.  It was beautiful and painful all at once because of Maddie.  He was in a relationship and they both cared for her.  Still nothing could keep them apart.  Without her powers they thought he’d be safe but they both missed the most important part…years off his life were saved but his soul was darkened by his cheating which is even worse.  Feeling guilty over everything and after Georgina pushed him back towards Maddie Seth proposed and now Georgina is in a deeper pit of hell helping plan the wedding of the man she loves and her best friend.  Oh and a new succubus in town visiting has her eyes set on Seth as well.  But with Georgina all of that is never enough as she still has her roommate who she once kind of loved before she found out he was killing fellow immortals and a mysterious force visiting her thoughts draying her into another realm. Hell might not be the worst place one can go after all.

                Okay so I took some time between book 4 and this because I had some other books I needed to finish by deadlines and I know how all-consuming this would be.  I have been so invested and so into these books it is insane.  I feel like I am running a marathon at times my heart is racing so fast as I listen worried for people’s lives and souls and love.  Oh the emotional roller coaster.  I am all over the place.  As I type this review I am downloading the final book from the cloud onto my device so I can dive right back in and see how things end.  Because Succubus Shadows was amazing.  It was everything and more.  I don’t even know how to wrap this up in a coherent way.  But here I go.

                The whole dynamic between Georgina, Seth, and Maddie broke my heart at every page.  It was so hard because Maddie is such a good person.  I wanted her to have her happiness but I also want there to be a way for Seth and Georgina to be together but with them all being friends no matter what someone will be hurt.  It sucks.  The web woven and the despair felt was intense for me while listening.  When the dreams started both real and fake it was so emotional.  I was lost in this book for sure.  I was both fascinated with some of the past lives and stories and horrified at others.  The line between very thin.

                Of course the side characters were always there and fun to watch as they continue to develop from a crush and romance advice for fellow immortals to medical issues of mortals.  Everything was very grounded and developed for me and I can’t believe I listened to 90% of it in one sitting.  I hardly remembered to drink anything.  This series is addicting to me and I love it.  The end of this book had both hard points and happy ones.  Good and bad.  I did cry at work again because I have no control over my emotions apparently but it was worth it.  This series has really captured me and I am off now to start the final book in the series and hope that all of this emotion has a happy place in the end.
               
                Until next time…


No comments:

Post a Comment