Thursday, April 12, 2018

Movie Corner #6


                Hello happy movie fans!    I didn’t see much the last couple weeks but my last few days off my bestie was just out of the hospital so while there are some movies I would like to see I’d rather hang with her while she recoups!  That said here is what I’ve seen the last two weeks:

Ready Player One:  5 Stars
                It was different from the book.  They changed a lot of things.  This made me nervous.  But I really liked it.  I can’t wait to see this movie again.  The changes they made were consistent and played better to the screen and made sense.  They didn’t just change a couple things that seemed out of place but they changed bigger things and while I would have loved a by the book page for page type story I understand that the changes made for a more dynamic and engaging movie and I can also appreciate that.  Also even though they changed things it still kept the feel of the story and I liked that.  Plus I figured they would have to change some of the games/references for licensing issues anywho.  It was still packed with tons of nostalgia and fun moments even more action than before which I enjoyed.  Things were also a bit more focused and condensed which sped things up.  I am happy as both a movie lover and a book lover (book review). 

Blockers:  5 Stars

               So I saw this at the early day showing and I was super excited for some fun.  The trailers all look hilarious and I was down for that.  I was only slightly worried all the funny parts were in the trailers (as I’ve seen that happen before) but nope not a chance there is so much to enjoy.  There was tons of comedy and laughable moments.  I think I laughed through about 85-90% of it.  There were also real moments in there that honestly based on the trailer surprised me and were relatable in ways.  So I call it a huge hit and I can see it easily being one of those movies you can always put on for some laughs! 

*****
                So that’s it.  I still plan to see The Quite Place and The Miracle Season from last weekend’s releases but this weekend I’m excited to check out Truth or Dare tomorrow on Friday the 13th (it’s fun to see all the superstitious people) and yes Rampage not sure what else is coming this weekend.  What movies have you seen recently?  What should I see?  This week I’m super excited to see.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on The Quite Place. It's one I really want to see. The other day some new movies finalyl came out to rent here in Belgium so I finally saw Coco and it was brilliant. Also saw Murder on the Orient Express, which was a little disappointing but I'm glad I finally made some time to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm glad you got some new movies and you enjoyed them (at least one). I know I am hoping to see the Quite Place this coming Wednesday or Thursday so keeping fingers crossed!

      Delete