Saturday, November 5, 2011

Destined & Dragon’s Oath Review

                Destined is the 9th book in the House of Night series by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast.  I started reading them around the time book 5 came out and read through the first 5 in 3 days while at work.  At the time I worked as a 911 dispatcher for my small town and let’s say at the time night shift was a whole lot of nothing which suited my reading habits finishing a book and a half a shift.  Since then I eagerly await each new book like everyone else.

                All of the books are great.  P.C. Cast is amazing I am completely in love with all of her series they astound me really the way she writes.  But let’s focus first on Destined.  I finished it last night and was as usual disappointed that I did because now yet again I must wait but it was a very good read.  I fell right back into the world of Zoey and her Nerd Herd and everyone else.  The characters are just as real as the very start of the series, some were even thankfully flushed out further. 

                The books are about a different form of vampire.  But to me they are more about light and dark, good and evil.  You can’t have all light or all darkness and so the two forces must battle in a way in each book.  This battle is told around a group of teens and their professors who could be young themselves or hundreds of years old giving a different prospective to things.  But my favorite part about these books as I’ve found in P.C.’s other works is the humor.  I will be reading and one of the characters will say something that just makes you stop reading you start to laugh so hard it hurts.  Overall it’s just a good time and a good read.

                Now onto Dragon’s Oath, which is a novella of sorts.  I read it today in a couple hours, it’s not long so my review will be brief.  In the original series we know Dragon as a professor at Tulsa House of Night and Warrior.  This book should not be read before book 8 or you will get a major spoiler and that is never any fun.  Anyways it is a story that has Dragon reflect upon his Marking, how you become a vampire is by being marked by a tracker with a empty blue crescent moon tattoo on your forehead, and through finding his one true mate and becoming the vampire he is in the series.  Very good but again read after book 8. 

                That’s about it but for everyone is isn’t 100% familiar with the order or the series here you go:
Marked
Betrayed
Chosen
Untamed
Hunted
Tempted
Burned
Awakened
(Dragon’s Oath-novella)
Destined

                I highly recommend this series to anyone who likes a any sort of mythology, vampire, supernatural type of story.  I am anxiously awaiting the next book which if I’m not mistaken is the next novella about another professor, and news that there may be a movie franchise coming.  If that is the case which I hope it is, I will be the first in line with my fake tattoo.


No comments:

Post a Comment