Monday, August 31, 2015

Ready. Set. Write. 2015 Final check in and wrap up!

 Welcome to the final check in of Ready. Set. Write.   

How I did on last weeks goals:
  • As this is really the last week of RSW I need to kick it into gear.  I'm aiming for 5K in my WiP- Score!  I did just over 5K, I don't remember the exact number and I'm too tired to get up and get my flash drive from my purse as I type this.
  • Work on a description/summary for my WiP- Done.  I think I have something down, though only in writing I still need to work on 'talking' about it.
  • Read 2 books- 50% I read one book completely but I have been working on a few others bit by bit.  I also posted my review for Another Day by David Levithan here


A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised:
            He didn’t get a chance to finish his sentence before mystery guy decked him.  Good right hook to the jaw that landed Andrew on the floor.  Everyone who had gathered around waiting for a fight whispered between themselves as Andrew sat there rubbing his jaw and blood dripping from the corner of his mouth.

            Andrew never got up.  Mystery guy looked at her and gestured for her to follow him down the hall towards the exit.  Lexi walked away with him speechless.  He had just come to her rescue and then defended her honor.  It was sweet.


The biggest challenge I face this week: 
I was in pain for most of it with my back.  I still have no idea how I got my pelvis out of alignment given my normal level of activity is reading/writing and watching TV/movies but yeah it caused inflammation in my lower back and didn't really get better until Friday.  Still a bit sore in the mornings when I wake up but a quick stretch and I'm pretty good.  It just made it hard to do much sitting too long in one spot caused pain but then again moving spots hurt too so it was a long tearful week (I'm a wimp when it comes to pain).


Something I love about my WIP:   
This is our last week and I just have to say that I LOVE EVERYTHING!  I love my characters and my story and the little details that make it perfect to me.  But most of all I love all of you for inspiring me to push on and keep working at it and make me believe I can finish this one.

It looks like that is it for RSW2015!  I have no skills in painting my nails, seriously I can't even clear coat properly, so I won't be participating in the manicure and manuscripts but I look forward to seeing how everyone else did this summer.  Thanks for letting me be part of it.

18 comments:

  1. I hope your pelvis feels better soon (which sounds a lot weirder than I'd intended...). They're surprisingly easy to upset, just standing up funny can make them misbehave.

    I love your excerpt, how everyone's building up for a fight that doesn't happen! Nice to see a little honour-defending going on. :)

    Congratulations on meeting almost all your goals! It feels so odd that the summer's now over and we won't be doing this next week... Still, I know you'll finish the story, I think your characters won't let you stop now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I am just have to remember to take it slow and don't overdo it right off the back.

      Yeah everyone is always ready to watch a fight. And who doesn't like seeing an arrogant jerk knocked out when talking trash about someone?

      I don't think I could stop now either which is great I WANT to finish. I know I can't believe summer is over either, though in the south it still feels like summer so blah

      Delete
  2. Sorry for the back pain, that's got to be tough! Here's to our falls being as good as our summers were to our manuscripts. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that plan! Hopefully the weather will cool down some too. Back is doing better just have to be gentle with it.

      Delete
  3. I am so glad you could join us! And I'm so sorry about your back! Hopefully you'll be all better super soon and back to writing and routines in no time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm so glad I found out about this summer group. It has been so much fun!

      Delete
  4. Hope your back feels better soon! I'm not doing the nail-painting thing either, because I don't have nail polish the right colour (and I don't want it to end up all over my keyboard. :P). Best of luck with finishing the manuscript! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha true. I also have no idea what kind of manicure would describe my book. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on an amazing summer of words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you're dealing with back pain. Here's hoping it repairs quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes so far so good, just have to be careful not to overwork it like yesterday or I could set it back and I'm so over this lol

      Delete
  7. I hope you feel better soon! I had a misaligned pelvis from a bad fall and the pain was unbelievable! I ended up getting physical therapy b/c nothing would touch it. I hope yours calms down!

    I didn't participate in the Manicures thing, either. Would have tried if I wasn't so busy!

    Awesome job on your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The worst part aside from the pain, obviously, is that I have no idea how I hurt it so no idea what set it off so I can simply not do it again.

      Yeah my finger nails have always sucked. I get pedicures from professionals mostly because I like how they feel while I read in the chair ;)

      Delete
  8. Oh ouch! I'm so sorry you've been in pain lately. I really hope you're feeling much better soon, and I also hope your fall is just as productive as your summer! Thanks so much for joining us this summer for RSW! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having me. I have really enjoyed my summer with the group and learned some things but most of all just continued to be inspired to push through and finish this WiP

      Delete
  9. Congrats on an amazing summer!!!

    Also, I just nominated you for the Sisterhood of the World Blogger award:

    http://bogdanathebooknerd.blogspot.com/2015/09/sisterhood-of-world-bloggers-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I saw that, thanks for the nomination. I'm working on my answers and a time when I can share them now.

      Delete