Welcome to Week 10 of Ready. Set. Write. Simple is the name of the game.
How I did on last weeks goals:
- Finish Vicious and Never Fade- 50/50 I'm done with Vicious. I never even picked up Never Fade again which sucks because I was really liking it. I will finish it!
- Read Truth and Wednesday and work on my reviews- Read both and started my reviews!
- Finish 2 posts for this week and one for next week
(see above): I reviewed and posted This Shattered World
here and participated in a blog tour for Lumière here. So just didn't get the one for next week finished only started.
- Send my short story to at least 2 people for thoughts- Done. Haven't heard back yet but I didn't get them sent out till Friday/Saturday.
- Write 2 scenes in my WIP – Done! So I ended up reading over my short one more time and added about 3k words or so to it. I felt like it needed some more depth in it. I felt it was too open in the ending and since I said I was finished I have felt there was something missing and this kind of came to me and I had to get it out there. Plus I just finished up work on my 2 scenes before I posted.
- Finish my blog tabs (about me and my rating system) and get it updated: Done! I even added the Contact tab too!
- Unpack- Done! My suitcases haven't been put in the outside storage yet but that's in part because I'm unsure if I want to put it there again.
My goals for this week:
- I want to finish Never Fade!
- I'd like to get serious about my story and take a look to see what's left that I need. I write in different parts, whatever scene is calling to me at that particular time. So I need to start piecing it together and see what is missing (besides the ending).
- Along with the above goal I'd like to not only find the missing pieces but write them up and work on as many as possible.
- I'd love to get a week ahead in reviews for my blog so that would be two for this week and next week.
- Along with finishing Never Fade finally I'd like to read at least 2 other books I have on my TBR list for review.
A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised: An added scene from my short.
Ian watched her stare at the envelope for a few minutes in silence. "Do you want me to stick around while you open it or would you rather be alone?"
It felt heavy. She had no idea what was inside but she knew from the moisture filling her eyes she was going to cry no matter what. She looked up at him and shrugged, "I don't care. I'm going to cry again for sure. I figure you've had your fill."
"Let's go inside and get some tissues then," he placed his hand on her back and guided her inside. She sat down on the couch and curled her feet underneath herself as she looked at the envelope wondering what it would say. She wasn't sure she was ready to see what was inside.
The biggest challenge I face this week: Being motivated. I just wanted to curl up on the couch with some TV/Movies and watch till I slept.
Something I love about my WIP: I'm starting to get really excited and think I might actually get to finish this!
That’s it for this week. Good luck this week!