Welcome to Week 9 of Ready. Set. Write. Simple is the name of the game.
So let me just say I did horrible last week and don't expect to do much better this week.
How I did on last weeks goals:
- Classes- I'm in class this week with a
co-worker. So my plans are to not be
late to class each day, pay attention, do well, and not fall asleep in them. –
Done! I was early each day and passed
all parts of testing on the first go! Also I only slept through one video as old as me but I had to lean against the wall to see it at all and then the lights went out and I was out for that wonderful 15 minute nap.
- Writing-I doubt I'll get anything done – And I was right! Classes ran from 8-5 (or later if held up) then homework.
- Reading- I hope to finish my two books and at least one more for review- Nope! I got maybe 100 pages of non-work related reading done the whole week. It’s been horrible.
My goals for this week:
- Finish Vicious and Never Fade
- Read Truth and Wednesday and work on my reviews
- Finish 2 posts for this week and one for next week (see above)
- Send my short story to at least 2 people for thoughts
- Write 2 scenes in my WIP
- Finish my blog tabs (about me and my rating system) and get it updated
That’s about it for me this week. I’m sure I’ll spend most of today sleeping since I have been ‘working’ since last Sunday. I’m just happy to be home with my bed and my bebe (my cat Keira) who missed me terribly!
A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised: Didn’t write any.
The biggest challenge I face this week: Staying awake in class and getting out of bed to go at all since I’m on nights and the class was during day time hours. I haven't even unpacked my laptop yet. Okay I haven't unpacked anything but the dirty clothes bag.
Something I love about my WIP: That it will wait for me to return to it.
Sorry I wasn’t able to go by and spread the love last week. I posted quickly before leaving for class then was there all day and when I got back to the hotel had a ton of homework we worked on (after dinner in a nifty new place) until after midnight.
That’s it for this week. Good luck this week!