Wednesday, November 8, 2017

~Waiting on Wednesday~ A Reaper at the Gates (An Ember in the Ashes #3)

                “Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.  Basically books that are not yet out that we are dying to get our hands on.  This week’s pick is:

A Reaper at the Gates (An Ember in the Ashes #3)
Out: 4/10            

From Goodreads:
                Beyond the Empire and within it, the threat of war looms ever larger.

                The Blood Shrike, Helene Aquilla, is assailed on all sides.  Emperor Marcus, haunted by his past, grows increasingly unstable, while the Commandant capitalizes on his madness to bolster her own power.  As Helene searches for a way to hold back the approaching darkness, her sister’s life and the lives of all those in the Empire hang in the balance.

                Far to the east, Laia of Serra knows the fate of the world lies not in the machinations of the Martial court, but in stopping the Nightbringer.  But while hunting for a way to bring him down, Laia faces unexpected threats from those she hoped would aid her, and is drawn into a battle she never thought she’d have to fight.

                And in the land between the living and the dead, Elias Veturius has given up his freedom to serve as Soul Catcher.  But in doing so, he has vowed himself to an ancient power that will stop at nothing to ensure Elias’s devotion—even at the cost of his humanity.

Why I’m Waiting:
                I have been waiting for this book since finishing A Torch Against the Night (which I just realized when I went to link my review I can't find that I never reviewed it....no idea how that happened) back in October of last year.  I’ve had to wait OVER a year!  And with the ending…this date needs to hurry up and get here.  All sorts of stuff is breaking lose and I need to know what is happening.  Side note...I don't hate the cover but I HATE cover changes in the middle of a series!!!!  Why?  Now my books won't match :(


                What are you waiting on?  Tell me below what you think of this title and leave a link to your WoW as well so I can check it out.

9 comments:

  1. I haven't read these yet but I'm curious about the cover change. Wonder if people are ticked off. Lots of us bookworms want our series to match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG YES!!!!! This cover change is so so hard for me.

      Delete
  2. I have heard such great things about this series. That's odd that they would change the cover theme in the middle like that. I can't help but wonder why. I do want to read these books at some point. I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have been so good so far! And I don't know I wish publishers would listen to use on cover changes!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, this one could not come soon enough! While I didn't love book two, I adored book one and I have high hopes for this third one. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Eve. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes book one was by far my fav as it set everything up!!!

      Delete
  5. I am the worst, and I have not started this series yet. I have heard so many great things, and Tahir won me over when I saw her at BookCon last year (?), so I really do want to read it. I hope this book meets your expectations when you read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's cool you can just marathon when they are all out! I know I have so many I haven't ready yet and plan to do that with!

      Delete