Monday, November 27, 2017

P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #2)

                Hello happy readers!  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and weekend.  Mine was a bit chaotic but good.  I finally got to watch Netflix The Punisher, which I really enjoyed and see Bad Mom's Christmas.  That said I didn't get a ton of reading done, though I did get an hour or two into my current car audiobook driving to and from my parents place so that's a win.  That said last week I reviewed To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han here and as soon as I reviewed it I started on book two P.S. I Still Love You right away and finished it that same day and as I am eager to get to book three I have to review this one first so here we go.  Spoilers for book one…duh.

Rating:  5 Stars

                When we left off Lara Jean had realized she still loved Peter and wanted to fix things.  She had written five love letters and had received word from all but one.  As she starts something real with Peter it becomes a bit more complicated as her other love and letter come into her life as Peter makes some decisions that don't sit well with Lara Jean.  We see everything for the first time through the very distinct and quirky Lara Jean.

                Now this story has me hooked.  I want to know what will happen next for Lara Jean so badly.  She is such a sweet and innocent girl who has all these dreams and ideas but is also happy in her comfort zone and afraid to really step outside of it.  This story really makes her step forward in a lot of ways.  She is forced to be bolder than she has and take charge of her life.  She is experiences many different emotions all at once and for the first time which for anyone would be confusing.  The way it is written is just so sweet and enduring that you get caught up in the whole of it and feel it all like it was happening to you.  Also can I just say how much I adore that she’s a baker because I do love that aspect of her character.  She has mentioned so many ideas that have now been added to my list to try.

                There were times when I was back and forth on what I wanted to happen.  I admit to wavering at points given the information available at the given time.  I wanted Lara Jean to find happiness and was caught up in every moment of this heartfelt story.  I enjoyed this story so much that as I lay listening to this story around 80% through I had to go and buy the third book right then.  Yep no waiting for an extra credit to be available or anything I just knew that when I finished this one I was going to want to continue ASAP.  And while things did resolve in the story enough that I had to start the next one right away I still am looking forward to starting it this week.  There is just so much going on with Lara Jean between her love life, family, and friends I am excited to see where things go for her. 

                I can’t really discuss too much about the story because you should enjoy it as it progresses but the characters were there.  I got to see more with the sisters, the always late coffee spilling neighbor, the boys, and my favorite to learn more about were the residents at the retirement community. They had such diverse backgrounds and fun stories to explore plus being at their age they are set in their ways and able to say/do whatever they want because why not.  I loved the play off of them.  I can’t wait to see how Lara Jean’s journey ends in the next book. 


                Until next time…

2 comments:

  1. I hope you love (or loved!) the third book! I have no idea which one is my favorite, but the third book has a special place in my heart. I read it around the time I was applying for colleges, and the application process and decision making process is a big part of the third book! It was also weird (and amazing!) that Lara applied to all the same colleges I did, and got back almost identical results! I loved John Ambrose in this one though. :) I also flip-flopped between my ship, but I was very happy with how the second book concluded!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe I can't wait to dive in. I meant to start already but some things came up and sigh got pulled away. But hoping next week I will have plenty of time.

      Delete